Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Two words, OH MY GA!


BLM:70 WHM:54 SMN:34 WAR:56 THF:70

This is a picture of Mithrandel and Emagyen at their wedding. It was a beautiful cermony and it was my first chance to attend an FFXI wedding. We were given Popstars to pop and they were positively splendid for the occasion. I am here standing next to Uchipu in the picture.

I leveled my SMN from 32 to 34 in one night and since it allowed my BLM 69 to not appear gimped in a pt, I decided to try BLM/SMN. Before trying it I thought about what I was doing in a party: I was casting Frost, waiting for TP, casting Burn, then MBing and then nuking the mob to zero. Recently, I was given a chance to BLM without a refresher(not fun) and I was forced to seriously ration my MP for effectiveness. We still were able to pull chain 4 and 5 because I used only spells that I knew would not be resisted. I would usu cast Burn at start of skillchain, MB with Waterga III or Aeroga III if it was Light, then cast a Blizzard III and then cast Frost after Burn wore off and rest til sc was up again. I thought this was most efficient. I noticed that I didn't cast a single Cure spell. Even though it is sometimes convenient to Poisona yourself and Erase whatever, I thought "Hmm, Auto-Refresh".

Well after trying it yesterday and then again today, I have two words to say about BLM/SMN... OH MY GA! Since I am a serious MP hoarder(usu til chain 4 or 5), I noticed the difference straightaway. It was HUGE. We were doing sc to Burst yesterday and today sc to Freeze and MP was no issue. Seriously! MP was no issue! MP was coming back in spades and though I like having the MP+25 from my hat added to my MP total to make it over the 1000mp mark, I shudder to think how fast I would gain MP back if I wore a Black Cloak. I am definitely going to have to get those MP and INT earrings though cuz Im getting resisted a lot more even with Burn sometimes. I have a total of 9k now cuz I just bought a Steppe Rope to use at level 70, which now puts my MP at 1100.

If we have a Bard for Refresh I might go back to /WHM to help healing but otherwise, I am going to /SMN from now on. It is MUCH more useful to have /SMN as the party's nuker than it is to have more cures. Philosophically speaking, you are the party's Blade in battle! I don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner. If you are a BLM, and are able to /SMN, ...you gotta, dems da rules !

It is so much more interesting to /SMN in fact that now I am thinking of leveling Ranger so that my THF can /RNG. I mean to the party, you aren't the main DD (you wanna know who the main DD is? do I gotta slap ya?), you are the puller, and as the puller you got one thing to keep in mind on the pull, YOU GOTTA STICK that MOB! You don't want to mob taking a bite out of your little innocent resting BLM on his way back, you don't want some other THF or RNG guy "taking" your mob from you cuz you lost aggro, you don't want people laughing at you in the party after the 50th time you miss! So, as a THF, you gotta sub /RNG. Dems da rules. Plus, from what I read, /RNG gives Acc Bonus! XD

Well I guess I gotta go back to sucking as THF for a while though cuz I gotta beat Maat first with THF and then I think I will take BLM/SMN to 75! ^^

1 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger Emagyen said...

I remember this like it was almost yesterday. The day I said I Do to my ninja/samurai of my dreams. surrounded by all my friends in the best town in FFXI

I was feeling a little nostalgic tonight and decided to google my old gamer tag and found your old blog and seen you had still been writing. Good to see you have kept busy little buddy.

Love
Emagyen~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home