Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Friday, October 25, 2019

June 2019


BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

Jailtime

In June 2019, I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition.  I was playing many different characters but settled on the rogue this time.  I have trouble getting the face right and since it centers on the face so often and since it looks totally different in the game from where you set it up, I have to stop playing several times only after I go through the whole introduction which takes several minutes.  I was still reticent to use my new Xbox online so I was playing it offline and have still not used the game online yet.  Strangely I still had trouble with lag so it's strangely not completely the fault of online gameplay and it makes me wonder if I should use the Xbox One to play it since it would have less lag and would not lock up during gameplay.  It has locked up during gameplay.  When I have more than $40 to spend on an Xbox One, I will make sure to buy one.  I actually sometimes get $60 now so there's that.  

Ok, so continue the story from last month, after I am arrested, I go to jail.  It's a very strange arrest mostly because the officer looks familiar and seems to act weird.  He tells me he is going to turn off my car instead of just asking me to do it, so I just turn off the car.  But that is just the start.  I do everything I can to keep aware because I am seriously drained at this point.  I had spent the whole day at the bar getting happy and celebratory and I had just been dropped like a wet sack by the whole bar so the flip flop had seriously wrecked my spirits and to add insult to injury, my relief at having made it to the drive-thru and resting easy at the drive-thru and looking forward to eating food and then having them attack me by yelling at me through the drive-thru, had DOUBLE wrecked my spirit at that point.  Keep in mind, people have NEVER yelled at me in the drive-thru... ever.  I have had people not hear me or take too long or get stuff wrong but this was obviously a setup because they were YELLING at me, I mean really yelling, then it was TWO of them, so I had to start to yell back just to shut them up and then POOF a police officer.  

Ok so, before I go to jail, I remember him asking me to walk over to the curb so I sat there, then he asked me to get in the car, then he asked to reach in and get my wallet so he got it.  All weird, but I tried to just focus the whole time and see what I could do to negotiate and try to show I was ok but I couldn't this time, it was all WAY too much to handle.  

Notice also that they yelled at me first, got me to start yelling, and now here I am in front of a police officer again. 

So later at the station the officer there started to harang me some and I remember trying to watch what I said so I said that "this that happened here should not happen to anyone" or something like that because I felt like everyone ganged up on me.  So I ask to wait for a lawyer and then it takes a very long time and this whole time I STILL have not had any water or food so I am literally in medical duress, I mean inside I am shocked at them for this but I relent and so I forego speaking to the lawyer or something like that.  Later, I go into the jail after a bunch of processing and I remember they gave me a calling card to use for calls and I remember it not working.  I also remember sleeping on the top bunk since there was no one there but reading what my rights were.  I was worried but I felt good about it because I had plenty of money in the bank.  Even so, one guy got on the bottom bunk and started thumping his leg to bother me so I gave him a look and then he changed his tone and became friendly.  He even let me use his calling card and his seemed to work fine.  Then I got some bail agent and his help turned out to be a complete mess.  I had to call back several times and there was automation half the time, it was awful.  Later I find out they never called my parents and that my parents made bail all on their own.   I remember having to wait forever to get into the jail but that once I did I immediately drank a BUNCH of water and then I finally got back to normal.  It's so stupid.  One 32oz and I would have been fine.  I have SO MUCH built up resistance from years of drinking that on any given SUNDAY, I would have been totally fine to drive if not for all these events that occurred at the same time.   Later, they sent my parents on a goose chase but I forgot now how that went but it took a long time get them the bail money.  Still, I was glad when I got out.  Later when we went to get my car, the police had removed the tag but it was done incorrectly.  They were supposed to impound the car after sentencing or something like that and they just told the tow company that they were doing it early which was wrong.  

I got an amazing lawyer and after my father won his lawsuit he gave all of us $5000 to use how we wanted and sadly, this is how mine had to be used and luckily I hadn't used mine yet unlike my brother who put a down payment on a nice truck and my sister who put up a nice fence to upgrade her old house which made her ex-husband, in who's name the house was, a nice amount of money that she will never see.  Anyways, the lawyer was a great lawyer, very classy and kind, and good-looking.  My mother was in denial or IS in denial that this was her son getting plowed around in jail and in custody and going to the DMV to get my license back and on probation.  It was really a scene from another world.  My brother and sister were the ones that were always problems growing up and here I was disgracing my mother.  One time I think she cracked a little bit and smiled at me and actually asked me to hit on the District Attorney WHILE she was right there!  I was so embarrassed and trying to shush her up but that wasn't nearly as bad as how hard the DA was on me later at the thought of it.  But I didn't explain all of THIS to the DA.  I know the officers must have told her quite the story about me but I am sure they had no idea what my true character was.  

Later the judge rejects my request to let me pay for community service instead of having to work, he refuses to waive court fees which ZERO out my savings account and in combination with the lawyer fees leaves me living off my parents' allowance for the first time in my life.  The judge even goes so far as to publicly mention to all of us that if he wanted to, instead of offering this probation, he could put us in jail for a year.  

The very thought, especially when this was all a trap. I was so flattened by all of this that there was no way I was going to be able to do a lawsuit to the restaurant and besides I WAS kinda guilty so it was very difficult to decide to do anything even though it all seemed very wrong.  And the worst part of it all was that the DMV wanted a psychological exam done by a psychiatrist.  It was something right out of a horror movie.  Where was this all headed?  I even told the lawyer about it and she stated to me she had NEVER had a DUI been referred to a psychiatrist.  

Ok that about covers it for now.  I did get through it all but really it was very ill-gotten pain.  All of it.  Driving drunk is not some serial killer waiting to happen.  I was in a drive-thru about to order food and drink.  Drive-thrus serve people at 11pm at night... BECAUSE they were at a bar.  

And this is because (read my lips)... NOTHING ELSE IS OPEN.