Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Who's your Daddy?


BLM:70 WHM:54 SMN:35 WAR:56 THF:70

I like to put on my Silk Pants and Empress Hairpin on in the city when I am running around because I just think my BLM looks SO well-dressed in this gear. I also like to sub /WHM so that I can skillup my Enhancement skill. My Enhancement skill is so high that when I switch to my WHM to tele somewhere, I can't skillup Enhancement cuz for my WHM 54, the skill is maxed. I usu like to keep my WHM clothes on me also so that my WHM doesn't look under-dressed. The game remembers what you were wearing when you switch jobs if you don't remove the items from your inventory.

My WHM is my most powerful character. Even though I have no AF and no Serket ring or even a Light Staff, I have all the spells. I know a lot more about WHM than say WAR because playing WHM is something I love to do, but when I'm not tired. If I accept an invite kinda late cuz I'm teleporting somewhere and go off into a party with whatever setup, I can miss Erase, Poisona, Barspells, and I might even forget to Reraise cuz if I'm tired, I am not really caring.

I am saving my WHM for that reason. I wanna make my partys and I want to make them interesting. I want to party in Lufaise Meadows and in Ulegearand Range and Attowha Chasm. I want to get those DRG>THF sc against birds setup that make people go, "wth I just ws for 1000?" I want to try new things in a party and take them to a new area that noone goes in like Bostaneaux Obliette. I want my experience with WHM to be one where I am in charge AND I know what I'm doing. So I will level WHM last.

My WAR is a different story. Even though he can hold his own in a party, with no Rampage and no AXE or GAX skill leveled, I am lucky to get an invite at all. I will prob level him next after I get BLM and THF to 75.

After I hit 75 however, I expect to do many new things with Uchipu. She likes to do these ENM thingys that make money and don't seem to last too long. But, you gotta be 75 for those.

On a more somber note, I got the chance to find out what RDMs think of my improved ability to Refresh myself yesterday. I have bought MP gear and not bought a Black Cloak because I want to start the exp chain with as much mp as possible and then unload it all through the course of getting to chain 5. To do this, I need to refresh to max on the chain 1 mob. So when I am ready to heal MP to max, I will forgo the Waterga III and cast Frost and sit there and do nothing else but heal MP and then MB with Blizzard III which costs a lot less MP wise.

Well yesterday this RDM decides "hmmf I think I will enfeeb and nuke more and refresh the WHM more often since BLM has MP close to max." You see, I am not used to that. I am used to people setting up skillchain, I cast Burn and 3 or 4 spells later the mob has lost 2000 hp and is dead and I have the whole party going OMG! At this point, I am used to RDM casting Refresh just on principle even though I don't need it.

In that party however, we were on chain 2 mob and I am down to like 200 or so MP and RDM is not refreshing cuz I'm sitting there trying to get to max MP. Two things can happen at this point. I can become his pet dog, or he can become mine. Well about 2 missed MBs later the whole party was wondering wth is up with no refresh! LOL It was a very bad experience after that though because I was forced to MB everytime but I would immediately rest after that to make the most of the Refresh that he liked to cast during MB. There was no nuking the mob to zero, there was no "I will cast Frost to help the party". There was only me and this RDM trying to decide whether he or I was gonna piss off the party more. In the end, he eventually sed he had to go so I let him. It was a "harsh" experience even though it was pretty good exp. We were in the Dragon's Aery fighting Darters and Bark Tarantulas.

I think people misunderstand when they see me sitting there resting while the mob is close to dead but not yet dead. Three important things to learn about NOT nuking a mob to zero:
1) Subtle blow - I don't know what this means (Catoblepas ring a bell?)
2) If you skillchain at start then you can use that time while I'm resting to raise TP
3) Is this chain 1 or 2 mob? OH! No wonder he is sitting there.

I am gonna buy ToAU soon but I wonder if it will be all that much fun. I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home