Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Disaster aid

BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

I will say something short about contributing to disaster assistance.  Charity is made to be easy to use, but hard to follow.  Remember not so long ago the trouble there was with the United Way.  It was basically the only place to give money so that various different agencies could be helped.  But the problem was that THEY decide how much of all the money goes to the various groups.  Moreover, the opportunity for over-spending was rife.  So much so that the chairman was ousted after a scandal which I don't remember what it was. 

So give to the Red Cross.  Don't give to new organizations or to your news channel or even to your church.  CHOOSE the place you want to help and then help directly.

People are on the television asking the people just send money... not cans, not emergency kits, not bottled water or even giftcards... send "money" to THESE PEOPLE. 

Well, as I often say, I will leave it to you to decide what is best.