Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Car mechanics untie


BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

So today I fear will be another day for the dogs. I have lent my car to my brother and he is taking longer than usual to have the car fixed. Two days ago I spent the day with him to give him a ride to the dealership, later I lent him the car to get to work the day after and today the third day, the mechanic STILL has not looked at the car. I guess car dealerships in Jacksonville don't have to worry too much about going bankrupt huh? As I imagine how it is at dealerships I now wonder if ALL businesses are somehow connected in a DARK way, where they all pass secrets along about who might have a bunch of money and who doesn't. You might think I am just paranoid about this sort of behavior but it's been mentioned by other industries, like say the movie industry.

George Lucas was doing an interview and mentioned that when he started filming anywhere in the USA, he had to try to keep the whole thing a secret for as long as possible, because the minute anyone realized STAR WARS was in town, all the prices in town shot up for everything, just BECAUSE... well because ALL businesses are connected somehow in a DARK way; they all pass along secrets about who might have a bunch of money and who doesn't.

So fame has its cost as I am finding out. Everytime I go into a car repair shop for one reason or another the movie SCARFACE comes up in conversation. Apparently that was a really good movie to these people and somehow one of the characters in it remind them of me and my family.

Moreover, fame CAN be a very detrimental thing. I was watching Alec Baldwin in the Jim Carrey movie Fun with Dick and Jane. He played a bossy heavy type in the movie. He also played one in the Closer. And he also played the same thing in Along came Polly and again in that one with Sarah Michelle Geller but I forgot the name. He comes across as charming and yet if he ever looked at me funny, I would probably instantly dislike everything he had ever done.

But it's prejudiced to treat his real persona as his character. I reminds me of Brent Spiner again. I loved his character, so lovable and childlike but start patronizing his REAL person and you are bound to get blocked from his twitter.

Same goes for Kirk er uh I mean William Shatner. I guess these people don't realize that people that don't believe in reading the Bible over and over again until you get the meaning of the words... has been replaced today with great movies that you watch over and over again. And the more futuristic the vision of the movie, like say exploring the wild unknown, the more people incorporate parts of the movie and the characters into their daily lives.

So Alec Baldwin gets pulled over on his bike. Yerp, it probably was just a stop & frisk or whatever but seems to me we gotta stop this DUI business from becoming a part of our everyday lives. Always, the cops, the dirty ones that like to deal in gossip, always find a way to co-incidentally be drinking at the same cafe as a famous drunk guy. Or OR or maybe they DEAL with witches who DEAL in secrets/gossip.

Anyways, sad day for Alec who now has a record for being on his bike causing danger to the public... OOH, like someone couldn't afford to take him to court or something.

I like to think of myself as Kirk. And I wonder if part of that is in William Shatner because if it isn't then I'm done with him but at the same time what about Alec Baldwin? You can't say "I like being like Alec Baldwin" because being like his characters is like being a Bossy ASS Huckster. Noone would say that. So it's tough for me, but think how hard it is for William Shatner. He has all this FAKE love from people who really admire not him but his character(Kirk) and at the same time Alec has all these people with FAKE hate from people who actually hate his characters.

Puzzling.

And now we come to SarahK, (or maybe she comes to you), and I have to wonder about the "am I talking to Miranda now" (Serenity) moment that I find myself in sometimes. A comic, as she puts it, plays a character while on stage. This makes her able to say anything and get you to feel this and that emotion and thus feel entertained. Steven Colbert went through this description when he was appointed to replace David Letterman. Since he played a character on his comedy and now he had to play himself being funny while interviewing others, it lends a REAL MYSTERY as to what person has he actually become while on The Late Show. He is on stage so his natural reflex will be to play his character and yet his interaction with his guest will have to be somewhat grounded in reality.

It's like if I ever met SarahK. Would I be speaking to the comic or the person? And, because comics get heckled so often, would she be fierce or gentle with my feelings.

And this all goes back to that one interview with Tom Cruise. I will never forget him talking to a fan and then getting sprayed with water. Revulsion. I would be so lucky to be talking to him and this fan just ruined it for me because now Tom's guard will always be up, expecting to get sprayed.

And that's what it is like for most famous people I guess, they were all SO LOVING, once.