Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What we find obscene

BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

You should watch "The Mind's Eye" from Star Trek TNG.  It is a close example of our problems with Syria. 

I have to say I was all for giving Russia a chance and believing in their outdated Gay rights laws and hoping for a future of mutual benefit with maybe even the Republicans having their base in Russia since they think so much alike.

But I have to say that all that ended when two congressmen were speaking about relations with Russia and then one of them said "we have to trust the Russians". 

I wondered if Reagan had just turned in his grave.  I despise countries not working together.  But the very word "alien" comes from someone foreign.  Someone with a different belief system. Someone of a different race even who gets offended when "their" people are spoken of. 

Our country, which denies that we have a belief or a religion or a dominant race, is the only one of it's kind.  So it's only natural to have some sort of "obscenity" be the source of indignation when the fact is that we are a "people" that doesn't get offended.  Free speech.

So then, violence must be what we abhor?