Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Saturday, September 07, 2013

World's welfare system

BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

I just spent today looking up info on Sarin and reading about how hard it would be to make it.  Apparently, it's been illegal to stockpile Sarin since 1997 by the Chemical Weapons Convention.  I also found out that Syria, Israel, and Egypt all didn't sign the treaty. 

Take that for what it's worth since I find it odd that people not on board with United Nations treaty seem to have the most problems with mercenary groups causing civil unrest.  Rewind to Iran and the CIA overthrow of its PM now fast forward to Al-Qaeda groups that are not so much faithful to their religion as they are faithful to earning a paycheck so they can feed themselves as they cause unrest in Syria.  It's depressing being me, suspicious but knowing somehow that if I knew more I would feel better but would still not know enough to be dangerous. So does that make me a cynic? A cynic is a disbeliever of goodwill while living a simple life.

Harumph.  I leave it to you.  Getting rid of chemical weapons is a worldwide good thing, but so is converting everyone to electric cars.  Do people need to die and leaders get overthrown?  Iuno.

Remember also that rules are put in place so we can relax.  Are we going to be relaxed if we "let this one go"?  There are only 6 countries that didn't sign the treat and most of the world's chemical weapons have been destroyed since 1997.  We have GIVEN countries more than a billion dollars so that they woudl conform to this treaty.  Are we now to just disregard all that because we aren't the world police even though we seem to be the world's welfare system?