Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Place beyond the Pines


BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

Again, spoiler alert, if you haven't seen the movie, GO see it first. 

The gods must have heard me insinuate in that recent post that the world did things as I wanted them because today Alex is not on and they are playing the Olympic Games on TV.  I musta jinxed it.  Just for the record, yall probably believe that I changed my lunch to 4pm because Alex's show moved to 4pm, but actually, I started having lunch at 4 shortly BEFORE she got moved... which means the WORLD changed to accomodate me.  


(Sarah Silverman voice: "Thanks World")


So today I want to talk about the movie The Place Beyond the Pines. Happily this movie is NOT about me. It has nothing to do with me and that was a nice change. I'm not the motocross guy that loses his mind when he is suddenly told he has a son, not the policeman that loses it when he notices Internal Affairs ready to trap him into saying he shot the guy carelessly, not the sleezy mechanic that caused it all to happen all because he was too bored being just so-so rich... not even the kid that loses his marbles because of all the PAST that springs up in front of him. 

 I'm not even the spoiled brat son of the cop that is leading his school into a cesspool of fire that the cop's dad KNOWS to be the reality of things.


Well... that pretty much sums up the movie. I know I left out the black guy... probably on purpose... but no. Actually I might BE the black guy come to think of it. He's the one guy that doesn't lose it in the movie.


He's ODIN. 

PS. It's better to sit and curse the dark, than to light a candle... that burns the world. (no offense Lawrence) which means that if the world STINKS and you light a candle, it might blow up. (Sarah Silverman voice: Fracking is something else.  You should get a haircut.)