Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Michael is Dunn


BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

Well today I have to talk about what I think happened in the Michael Dunn case. What I know about the case will come first. What I thought happened is what will come next and lastly what I believe happened after talking to my parents about it will come last.

At no time will I wonder what it is like to BE the black man in a car with loud music, at a gas station, mouthing off to a man twice my age.

Because that would be pretending to be stupid. And that's hard.

I first heard that a man had shot a teenager for playing his music too loud. I was on the side of the teenager at that point. Who shoots someone for playing music, it's ridiculous. But that's the media for you always saving the best for last.

Vanessa Williams, sang that song that I often sang in karaoke... "you went and saved the best... for last."

Yesterday, I heard him give his statement about thinking the kid had a gun and I thought wow, how convenient, now that he "thinks" the kid had a gun he can go on his rampage at the gas station. Then I see his fiancee giving a testimony, looking haggard and awful guilty if I may say so, and I wonder what hole these two monsters came out of and how much were they paid to assassinate this young man.

Today, we hear the lawyer giving his comments. The jury is out. My father gives his comments and my mother sits down to talk about it a bit. My father is on the side of Michael Dunn so I organize my thoughts a bit and wonder about being Dunn for a moment. Then I see the other young black man give testimony and I can instantly tell he is a thug. He has the telling hands a someone that's never written a book report in his life. Instead of being well-dressed, he wore a ball cap to court. Life for him is just one chocolate factory after the next. Rally. Same ole same ole, people need using.

I was on my dad's side at this point. So I talk some more and tell him that if people think they are being hunted by a gang, anything can happen. I tell him that in Jacksonville, out of those bunches of people in front of the courthouse, that probably half of them are "organized" in some way.

Now it's time to chime in with my Santora expletive, as I call it. Because I LOVE that black people got Judge Santora to step down because now... I get to talk about how STUPID a mob is! Judge Santora was someone that said that a great many blacks go through his courtroom, more than other races. This was supposed to be OFF the record but the reporter stuck it in there anyway. Well, fast forward to we have a racist judge and now a mob of people gather together to get rid of the "racist" judge.

It's not racism, if it's TRUE.

I used to say the same thing about New Yorkers. I have taken a huge amount of phone calls in my life and while I was at Citibank, a great many people rose to great power while I comforted myself to stay at the bottom answering phones. And why not?  It paid well and I didn't have the stress of management and I knew everything. Safety, yeah? Well, fast forward to I open my mouth about New Yorkers in general and that is probably why some of those people that worked with me, from NEW YORK, had no problem harassing me while I'm on the phone.  

I DESPISE New Yorkers!

In all of my years of taking calls, I have almost never talked to a New Yorker that didn't treat me like some slave on the phone. They expect late fees removed, interest rates lowered, they want a callback when I am finished and they want me to put the notes on the account after they have hung up or while I am talking to the NEXT customer. Always when I start talking to someone unreasonable, I look up at their information that pops up and BOOM, address: blah blah, NY. I am still sensitive to the towers going down there, but in the back of my mind, it's kind of like Gomorrah fell. And for some reason, the people were much nicer after. Harsh yeah? How can I say these things? Well talking to 100 different people a day is how. Experience.

It's not racism, or an insult, if it's TRUE.

Now in all fairness, Rachel is from there and Alex and MSNBC is there and all those people I don't even understand how they get by without being eaten, but in fairness, the people I talked to were calling their credit card so MAYBE the poor people are nice and then some other few that DON'T call their credit cards for advice. 


But if I hear you're from New York, that little thing is gonna click in my head like you just said Mexico or illegal alien. These people are just meaner to others and I have to be ready for them so my feelings don't get slammed like they have before by being nice and then OMG WHAT A MOUTH.

So sidetracked, I was talking about mobs in front of the courthouse. Yeah so this is what is happening now is a bunch of black people trying to make this about color. But I am not on the little guys side at all this time. Soon after explaining to my father how people can feel threatened by groups of people, I hear that the teen was mouthing off to the guy in testimony, talking about "this is your last night on earth" or some such. This changed my mind. Because nothing provokes violence like one man saying to another "you ain't man enough". That's why men hardly ever say shit.  In fact for a man, I talk a GREAT DEAL, but real men don't talk.  And I know from experience that people getting driven around, without having to pay for gas have a much easier time risking ALL OUR LIVES than the person paying the  car payment and insurance.

Even in Business Card, the owners would call up and ask the balance and say thank you and I wondered how I got SO LUCKY to get such nice customers with such manners and such noblesse oblige. But let one of their authorized users call in and it was a totally different story. It was New Yorker time. "We don't remember making these charges" and "I sent that payment 3 weeks ago and you still havent cashed it... TAKE OFF THAT LATE FEE." Eventually we took away authorized users rights and made the owner have to call for everything.  


Why, because we could.

The same goes for that lady across the street. So "witchy" to beep her alarm before 9am even though it's illegal. She would sometimes leave for work at 5am and WAKE me up with it. I know the house isn't hers and she just rents a room because I have seen the owners and frankly I never noticed them until she moved in. Now when I want to read a newspaper the opposite porch light goes on to annoy me. If I walk outside, one of their lights goes on, one night I was driving away and she came to the door as if to say I saw you getting ready to leave. It's very spooky. But she is not an owner. See people like that deserve what they get. They are "just passing thru" doing damage not realizing they are risking more than what they own.

My mother starts to chime in on what she knows from the news, that they were coming from a wedding, maybe his son's, and that they stopped to get some wine before going back to a hotel because they lived out of town. Then I see the video and sound from the gas station... and I hear the shots and THERE'S the fiancee, not some HAG who was 2 seconds from another fix, but a well-dressed lady who probably said some things to her man she shouldn't have in hindsight but who totally changed my mind on the crime.

This was no assassin out to kill some black kid on his list, this was not pre-meditated or part of a bounty. The little kid thought he would shoot his mouth off to a man twice his age whose woman was still inside the store(so he couldn't leave), and he thought he had the right to shake that man's resolve by blasting his music in his face so as to make him figure out who had the most power.  


Rule #1 Watch your mouth.

ps. I still think the man deserves prison but he WAS giving what he got,imo, and that little man... he got what he got.