Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Divinity


BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

A high point of knowing so much is knowing that there are too many people for one person like me to matter. At the same time, because of my insignificanse, it's possible that people won't miss me when I'm gone.

This morning I watched Clue the movie. It was made back in 1986 or so. This was a "very good year" for me. (Highlander) But this movie was something next to the WORST movie possible. It was still high in class and stuff but to tell someone to watch this movie would be about the worst thing you could do to them that was legal. Anything more would be harassment.

No I don't plan on doing this to anyone.

The next movie was MUCH better. It was a documentary about the slowing of progress. I agreed with a great deal of it. Especially this one example an author Ronald Wright said about limiting your wants.

I have said this before that our economics need to be about having limited resources and limited demand.

He read somewhere that ancient man figured out how to kill a mammoth. A good thing that could feed all of his people. And as an improvement, killing TWO of them would be progress. Yet figuring out how to kill a WHOLE HERD of them by running them off a cliff, would not be progress anymore. It would be detrimental as there would no longer be a mammoth herd to feed them.

It made mention that whole civilizations were like this where they sprang up and then OVER-PROGRESSED themselves to starvation, to only later spring up all over again. 


Quite interesting.

Then I sat to watch a movie with Soairse something who I hope is 18 because I want sex dammit and I hope it's legal to say that. Oh... so in the movie, despite my objections to kids being in movies, I went ahead and watched her fall for this guy who is her cousin. But GOOD NEWS the world gets nuked and now they can be together. Who knew. Yet the reality of war soon shows up at their door and they are separated and later after following her around from camp to camp, you see a bitter reality that probably ACTUALLY EXISTS for people from the Ukraine.

At the end of the movie, I ball up in tears as she finds her "boyfriend" despondent and probably raped and left for dead in a mud hole. We had already learned that his brother was killed. 


"We don't have to ask WHY things happen..." are the words she used that tore me up inside.

You see, in the previous documentary, they had just pointed out that the difference between children and chimpanzees, was that children ask why.

PS. I don't believe in creation like you do, and I certainly don't believe in evolution like you do. I believe we are divine as a species. What does that mean?