Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Friday, March 07, 2014

Paper So Pretty


BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

I just got finished watching a documentary of Ayn Rand. I have been hearing a lot about her and wondered what all the hubbub was about. Thankfully I now know all about Ayn Rand without having to have read her 1000+ pages of a novel. And moreover, I understand her movie better even though it was mostly boring and only saw it once... which means of course that I didn't get anything from it.

She was right for the most part, maybe.

Now I just got wind of Jewel Staite while blowing past several movies on Netflix.  That series and movie I have seen MANY times and it's top notch.  She's SO fine and I wonder "how can I FIND a woman like that" (Rick Springfield). In her first episode she is humping this guy that's like an engineer and coincidentally Nathan Fillion was looking for an engineer and it turns out that SHE is the brilliant one and he has been just using her.

Such a microcosm that is yeah? Women fancy a pretty face so since they can have their pick they have as much sex as they can handle and then end up like her... trying to land a doctor.

Whilst doctors just want a pretty face that they won't get tired of... which of course eventually happens.

And still other rich guys forgo all that banality to go with prostitutes. Good idea, right?  After they sow their WILD oats who do they go for? Other rich women? No, they go for innocence.   Young chicks.  George Clooney Syndrome. (hey don't chastise me I'm in comic mode today)

And who do the innocent go for? Who do they fall for every time? A pretty face.

Rock Scissors Paper

ps. I wonder if Sean Maher is related to Bill Maher? His scene where he tried to protect his sister but has to give up after taking a deadly blow, always brings me to tears.