Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Overhead


BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

I don't know what I was expecting. I thought, maybe he was funny, maybe he was well-received, maybe young people will get attached to a President that can go it alone for a change.

Yes, I'm talking about the President appearing on whatever comedy that he was on that probably won't be seen much at all ever again.

I saw President Obama some few times throughout the day with scenes where he gave one-liners, explained how Hangover 3 wasn't so hot, talked about the ACA signup and really how he held his own on a comedy show.

That was during the day. Last night on Lawrence, (you're welcome Lawrence, you do a good job, plus it pleases me that you and Motormouth run resistance for Rachel who'd probably get squashed by more bullish types and as a finance major, I will be the first one to chime in the benefits of a DIVERSE portfolio)

Oh... so last night on Lawrence I caught an EXTENDED version of what the President was put through on that comedy. To be blunt, it was a disaster. One of the main goals of a comedy is to get the guest to show emotion and if you get that, then you don't feel too bad when say BILL MAHER gets angry because causing emotion in your guest makes your show like a Jerry Springer show.

It makes it like a coliseum where the stupid people go to the center and they expect the MASSES to be merciful  (This reminds me of someone). But Bill Maher is more expert than that, he nuanced long ago that if he didn't control his crowd, he would have a mob of people willing to RALLY against the government. So he is willing to beat himself up now and again just to show that HIS SHOW is not one that is there to dominate guests, his show is there to cut away at the fancies of the behemoths of a Republic that are LAUGHABLY self-centered and who shove their show all over the place in public.

Just don't expect him to be nice to you if the place falls silent suddenly.

Oh... so on the OTHER comedy the President is woefully drawn out. O M G. He gets called black, he gets told he's old, he gets told VILE stuff that if it was said to me, I would up and leave. To be blunt, the President gets emotional and after an awful display of awkwardness I suddenly thought of Rachel. And then that suddenly made me think of Bill Maher, and then that makes me think of Lawrence. Diverse yes but thankfully all on the same side but still, all vulnerable to chaos.

So if you want my opinion that's the LAST time we see a president on a comedy and to be honest, Bill Maher is probably shaking his head with a grin because he WOULD have cursed in front of the President, but he would NEVER have pulled out his goat like that other guy did.

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, tongue, sinuses, or whatever let's talk about say ALEX WAGNER!

I can't tell where she is now but from the look of whatever background they have on her show... she's in someone's garage. Yeah, cameras that span the soundroom and overlook the plaza are a far cry from the picture room she seems to sit in now. At this point I would rather you just make it all a green room and have her telecast projected as if done from the moon or from a space station, why? Because it looks very low-tech at this point. Not that Rachel's looks any better but in the past she used to have a huge table, now... not so much.

Trust me, this is 18 years of boardroom meetings talking, people notice when the TABLE is smaller. Or when the room is smaller. Or when the OVERHEAD is smaller.

When a financial guy is sent over from finance to audit your department, expect at least $60,000 of cuts because that's what the company is paying him a year, to take that away from your department.

Ok so now that my little life has made you all feel like poor people, try spending on the environment. Live it up, especially YOU Mr. President. Now that we know what slummin it feels like, someone needs to wake up and double ALL of these people's overhead (cost of doing business) so that WE AS A COUNTRY can feel that the great people we are watching...

are at the PINNACLE of society and it's influence, because they are.

PS. You're probably wonderin what to do about Putin.. that REALLY IS going to be a long blog. And probably ALSO not very funny.