Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Monopolies


BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

So XBOX has just come out with Titanfall INCLUDED with the console. Yippee, I mean who ever heard of buying a system so it can sit there? Can you just see the look of your nephew's face as he hooks up the whole thing just to find that there isn't a game to play? Not even Minesweeper or Solitaire high def... really?

Anyone see a pattern here? I mean isn't this the ship we rode in on in the 80s? We were making cars too cheap to fail so that dealerships could more and more frisk consumers on a regular basis for their car repair money and soon the Japanese came in with "you guessed it" cars that didn't need fixing. And it didn't have to be that way did it? I mean we have quality standards now that pretty much make all cars difficult to break. In fact a mechanic pretty much has to set you up to fail to have something go wrong with your car nowadays.

I watched a documentary about the USFL and Donald Trump and like or not players were getting paid squat before the USFL came along. The best player in the NFL was getting paid 60000 a year and right over here players were being offered 200k as rookies. The USFL and Donald Trump are WHY people get into the NFL now, imo.

I mean sure it failed and many blame Trump for wanting to compete head to head with the NFL but it doesn't change what happened. 
And it's funny how people had a LOT of respect for courts in those days.  Do you think people just sat down and quit after the Citizen's United ruling?  Courts are kinda messed up aren't they?

Thanks Donald.

And so it is with video games. We started out with Nintendo SEGA dependability which came from the Japanese mindset of quality and we have de-evolved into an 80s mindset of frisk the consumers. Why do I say that because we sell consoles without video games. We sell controllers that last a year tops. We are about to sell downloaded games that I GUARANTEE you begin to have problems as the companies begin to figure out they can get away with "bundling" fixes with free other stuff like advertising or coupons.

Gasoline has become like that. I betcha if SEGA was in charge of oil wells we wouldn't have so many spills. But SEGA was no spring chicken either. It was starting to sell extension cords and accessories that they could have included in the game by just making the cords longer. It was starting to show in their dependability as more of their games had problems also. Fact is monopolies aren't bad for business because it makes too many people jealous, it's bad because eventually the quality of the product begins to break down because of no competition, and only for lack of a better analogy only competition makes corruption sit up and take notice.

It's like sex. If you get tired of the same position, you are going to have to switch it up... and besides in the back of your mind you KNOW doggie-style is the right way to do it but you're just too lazy aren'tcha?

Right Michelle?

Harumph, ok to back to the problems today. I have a problem with my windshield. It has several cracks in it and though a previous crack was slight and whittled to no-effect, a second crack from another rock or something has begin to creep its way to the middle. So now it's time to take it be replaced. It has been several years coming now also because I just never knew how much it would cost and I really didn't want to spend my own money on it since insurance might do it. But now it's time to put all that nancy-pants stuff away and just GET IT DONE.

Sadly, I had made an appointment with Lee&Cates Glass in Orange Park on Friday. I set up the appointment on Monday and after I called to confirm, I arrived at the shop and they had the wrong glass ready so they had to re-schedule the replacement of the windshield for today. I was dissapppointed that it didn't get done Friday and even though I am gonna be broke again, I sort of want to blow that money now. I mean it's not like I drive everyday and I could use a new XBOX ONE!

Wait what am I saying?!