Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Friday, June 27, 2014

How to stop the meteor


BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

When I first started taking calls, I remember how grand the whole enterprise was. Everyone had full medical coverage. Everyone had a phone and a desk. People were wondering about their dental and vision care and even their legal services provider. It was quite the rush. I remember thinking to myself this is it, I have made it to the right company and now I just have to manage my way up the ladder.

And this was the cheap credit card. We had a standard APR of 15.9%, A late fee of $10, and a NEW thing in credit cards that noone else apparently could afford... no annual fee.

What do we have now? We have $40 late fees, overlimit fees, and even replacement card fees. Employees have to pay for most of their medical and can discount their coverage by paying less premiums out of their checks. Employees now share desks perhaps with a total of 3 people since the phone work 24 hours a day. Tuition, instead of being paid in full directly to the school BEFORE the course like it was at first, is now reimbursed to you after the course, after you pay it first and only if you get good grades.

You might think to yourself, what just happened?! But no it took 20 years of slow melting to take employees health away and give it to the executives. It's obvious to me where all the money went as it should be obvious to you, but to the new employees, I'm just a tired old employee that needs to stop costing the company SO MUCH money for doing the same job as the new people.

I'm sure the higher ups didn't feel a need to debate that.

This is where our country is. As people realize that people addicted to the growth of their company translates into dragon status among their peers, with dragon access to their golf clubs, it's obvious where all this wealth is coming from which is NOT from the free market. It comes from executives "finding" overspending (aka Employee Delight) and cutting it off and keeping half for themselves as a group. And as being an "elite" becomes a more noteworthy status among executives, you can bet NONE of them will be ever able to change companies unless they are "our kind" of executive.

That was the famous line from King Edward the Longshanks when he introduced the doctrine of Prima Nocta. A move designed to attract "his kind" of noble to rule Scotland.

And more to the point this is happening on a grand level everywhere. It seems obvious to people that belittling your weaker halves makes you stronger but THAT is the very essence of abusing your privilege. It's this kind of thinking that is at the heart of politics. Just reading a tweet yesterday about the Republicans chopping this and that and the other and still getting people to vote for them, reminded me that young people have NO IDEA how to understand the people ruling them.

Well here it goes. Here goes my idea and see if it seems like reality to you.

Everytime you see a political ad, someone RICH paid for it. Everytime you talk to a politician, your little space above your head either HAS or HAS NOT a dollar sign. Most everything that happens AFTER you elect him into office will be a duty to call for funding from the rich. And just like the rich people at a church, the pastor will explain richly about jobs and taxes, but come time to make the offerings he will turn into an unashamed beggar asking for your every effort to help his "cause" or to ease his obligations.

It's not hard.

He DOES have obligations and he does have many things that people need to survive like food for the spirit; and a need to be taught something even a slight something is PROOF that you belong in the church.

I lost my train of thought now. I used to have a pastor that was like this who ran a Baptist private school that I went to. He was great but boy did he have a good time when it came time to pass the plate around.

Ok so Ima have to shorten this up since I have stuff to do. Oh, so one more thing. In the Census Bureau, it was much worse. The whole phones operation was a fly by night sort of deal. The desks were made of cardboard, the phones were nothing but a keypad with a phone jack, there were NO computer screens and all we had were census forms and home phone numbers to call ALL the people back that didn't completely fill out their forms which was required. This takes me back to the whole Shatner thing where people don't wanna do the simple things that are required by authority, like as though the government was trying to weaken them or something. It was even passed around that going off-site door-to-door was becoming difficult because agents were getting harassed and insulted for asking them to finish filling out their forms when they didn't have a telephone.

I have to say that for myself I used to be an ASS (yes thank you Sarah I know what my butt smells like) when it came to providing proof of being 21 when I finally was old enough, but working the Census and the Credit cards changed that and becoming friends with people at the bar also gave me a new perspective on carding people that seems so offensive until you realize the GRAVITY of request.

I have to say one more thing about power in a vacuum. At the bureau, there came time to stop answering questions from people from the 800# who wanted help filling out the form. And as the deadline to fill the form came and went, so did our jobs change from receiving calls to calling people to get those missing answers filled out. Calling people was MUCH more difficult than receiving calls. All of my life after that, people have been aware of that difference but only people from the industry. It's like receiving a call from New York...


(I know it's unfair to group all NYers together but it was true then like 90% of the time, it may not be true now)

 ...where you just KNOW it's going to be a fuckwad, that's the difference between answering calls and calling someone. Calling someone is almost ALWAYS disturbing to people. And if you don't call during dinnertime, the phone won't answer and you won't get credit for completing a form. It's ironic that people when they are home, when I need to talk to them, DON'T want to be called. 

So I had a REAL problem calling people. I remember sitting there thinking I couldn't do the job that first day and I thought, I'm not sure, but I thought I was going to have to quit. But I dragged it out and tried it slowly just to get through the day. After a couple of days, I realized that we just had to attempt to call 3 times and that was considered completed. Oh goodie! Things really speeded up at that point, because I would wait the required amount of rings and do my checkboxes and lickety split I started to produce forms. In fact, I became one of the highest producers there. And I remember having a conversation with one of the employees and he pointed out to me that this one FAT woman, the one that collected forms, was telling everyone that I needed to be fired.

Can you imagine? And there she was not even calling people, collecting forms, and forming an opinion of my productivity when she wasn't even doing the job herself.

That is what being rich is like. You just hula-hoop yourself into power, like Chris Christie, hula-hoop yourself into the Sandy Hurricane Relief fund, and FAT people get to finger of death the ones they like despite THEM being the FAT farmers in the King's Court and who put them in charge.

I know one thing, you might think that those big huge people like Sandy Weill and his entire legion of fat cats, Chris Christie, Oprah, and this here fat lady at the Census, it must seem that they are amazingly smart because that's how they got where they got... but no.

Everytime I see FAT people I see dullards, willing to belittle others. There is NOTHING attractive about fat people. Not in their veins not in their eyes not in what they say.  The more you try to understand how they have so much power, the more you deduce that it must be intelligence.

No my friend... no.

Yes, I am plenty fat myself ... so I know what I am talking about, but I have that uncomfortable tire that I drag around, I don't WEAR FATNESS like a badge to be proud of.

Sidetracked, so to end this before the meteor hits, I will give you all some clue as to how to avoid the meteor.  I once told you all that Galactus is coming and it's true. When the world eater gets here it spells doom for at least half the planet (50/50 right?) but I will give you all a chance at averting it in this one little blog entry.

Remember the episode of Star Trek called the Paradise Syndrome? Kirk(which is another way of saying church) goes down to the planet and falls into a trap next a monolith. It's a great reprisal of what it means to be GOD as Kirk prances around the entire episode being worshipped by his peers(now Indians) that believe he was sent to stop the Meteor. The rest of the crew, because they had to go back to stop the Meteor, leave Kirk with the Indians until they can sort out the threat. But Kirk has lost his memory. He doesn't remember being Captain and is in love with what most people would say is the "boss's daughter" which is code for you get to live as long as she's happy.

So she is happy as long as he can avert the meteor but pfft, what the hell does he know about stopping meteors right?

Miramani!

ps. the answer is in the episode, it's what we as a country need to do, to STOP the meteor, thanks for playing, btw I watched Xmen yesterday and it was too much for me, I was boo hooing like a baby, noone deserves to die like they did ...all stupid