Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Higher ups should get less

BLM:75 WHM:75 SMN:60 RDM:20 THF:75 WAR:75 DRK:75 RNG:58

I thought that I wouldn't make it a week with Gillian as wallpaper but boy, wow, I think I could stay married to her for a WHILE, heh heh.
I thunk up something today while smoking and thought why do people higher up get more pay? I mean even in the military, aren't the lowbees the most at risk in war? Shouldn't they get the most pay? If they get promoted they get more power sure but don't higher ups get more "other" considerations true to their status without requiring a high salary?
I think that a peon going off to war should get the highest grade salary while he is at war and the officers should in fact get less. If the peon disobeys or is punished for some reason, then he should be "promoted" to commodore status. This means he or she is in charge of noone and gets less pay. This means people that wanted to get promoted would be doing so not for the money but for the greater good. Sort of like the Art vs. Commercial argument.
People in public office could also get the same treatment. Mayors and Council members would start off at the highest pay but would actually have to maintain a monthly poll of favorable status from their voters. This means that even if they sided with corporations, they would lose pay and get public record polls recorded that made their pay go down. So the good people with the low pay would get re-elected because they maintained a favorable poll whereas people that got kickbacks from corporations and stuff would be able to make money in a way but would have less time in office.
I know it sounds weird but it kinda makes sense.