Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Brotherly love

BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

Philadelphia can be written Phila del phia or fila del fia which in spanish would be line of trust. When you get something fiado, in Spanish, it's on loan or financed. I read recently that the actual name stands for city of brotherly love and that it comes from the Greek language.

Tallahasee is similar to Philadelphia in its structure although I have no idea what Tallahasee stands for.

Jacksonville is named for Andrew Jackson which oddly enough is famous for his Battle of New Orleans which is where I was born.

I wonder if I am meant to live my remaining days here in this city or if perhaps there is another path to be opened to some other major city that I am meant to grow into. I know or have known from a young age that I was meant to be a leader of men. To lead and serve as example. Lately however I have wondered if perhaps I was meant to be this "great" cautionary tale.

I certainly have noted that my accomplishments have not warranted leadership. My few times of great effort and stress were merely acts of struggle rather than acts of success. I have endured a great many things that were meant to make me quit where I have not quit and as such, are not worthy of promotion or notoriety.

But in my mind I know that something is supposed to define my life MORE than what I have done. I have saved myself for "something" though I don't know what that is. I have achieved "something".

Right now, I live wondering if I am meant to have a family or if I am meant to fight. Warriors should not have families, and fathers should not fight. But most importantly, people should serve as examples to others and to my knowledge, I have not wronged anyone in my life so I remain holy and prepared to perform as I may be needed.

As a holy warrior, in D&D, you get these powers that I believe actually exist to some degree. You get the ability to Detect Evil. You get to perform a Bless spells twice a day. You have a Protection from Evil spell when you concentrate which is basically just a curse against evil creatures when they combat you. More to the point, if holy warrior wields a holy sword or weapon, he gets a 50% magic resistance to magic and casts light in a 10' foot area I think.

Now it seems like this is a huge bonus to people choosing to be holy warriors, but it takes only ONE evil act to lose all of your powers forever. Now chaotic acts also cause you to lose your powers until you seek atonement, but to wrong another, with intent, will strip you of all your powers. To be a holy warrior, you must be totally lawful and totally good. Lawful good.

This is why it's so important for our police and our soldiers to act with belief. To act with a license from God or from the Constitution. It's important for them to actually FEEL righteous in everything they do. As such, it is important to recognize that and give them their due respect in doing a job that WE are not willing to do.

There is one police officer out there that thinks I was rude to him for speaking with anger about being stopped but the truth is I was angered by the drive-thru person and then he stepped in front. I apologize for that but it was not my intent to attack him it was my intent to defend myself from being attacked which came from the rude drive-thru person. As such perhaps all of the string of things that happened after that justifies the entire jail full of cops treating me like some sort of bank robber or some other "hardened" criminal instead of someone in serious need of food and drink.

Now remember that to be a good person you can only defend you can never attack but fast forward to me in the drive-thru, I get attacked and because I am impaired, I get treated like a dog. The police officer should have addressed the conflict but instead he just immediately assumed I was going crazy and was disturbing the "good" citizens that attacked me without provocation.

Then I go to DUI school and they proceed to explain that someone impaired has no standing. Well it was a lesson that was totally new, totally harsh, and that I was totally unprepared for.

Don't let this happen to you.

Jacksonville is not like Philadelphia.