Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Signing off

BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

"My heart was pierced by cupid, I disdain all glitter and gold... there is nothing can console me, but a big fat ass whole where my foot should be.."

Hmmf, doesn't rhyme.

I used to play Soulcalibur and get so sad or perhaps less than sad, more melancholy at the sound of the music. I can hear it even now in my head. So much excellence and practice required to be able to defeat the various alternate abilities and tactics of the various enemies. I would spend hours just watching the animation to see if this move or that would "fit" as a counter move after a block or if this power move would cancel out an opponent's power move that was slightly faster.

So much practice was required and to what end? To be able to destroy your opponent. To do what Jesus said would pull a camel through the eye of a needle. The music, a poignant reminder, that what you are doing, practicing destruction, is wrong.

So it's good to practice in fantasy I suppose, to allow you to quell your demons and to provide some level of release I suppose. Shadowrun has this music too. Sad yet mysterious. It's a great game though I realize now that some kids or gangs got on there and somehow know my gamertag and proceeded to harass me.

That is what is sad to me, not to know that destruction is coming but to know that it is well-deserved. Robert Frost once said that for destruction ice would suffice but that from what he knows of desire he favored fire. I hold that view as well. People can't resist evil or I should say not enough of them do. Or more pointedly, not enough of them fight it within themselves.

Hmmf I'm in a sour mood now. Signing off.

Oh, I was gonna watch Cloud Atlas but it occurs to me that Sandra Bullock should have been in that movie and I betcha she wasn't asked so I'm gonna boycott it. Well maybe for another week I suppose. The last movie was such trash that she did with Tom Hanks, that I wonder that someone isn't sabotaging her career like they are doing to Charlize Theron.