Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Rachel's Election

BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

The show last night with Rachel Maddow covering the Presidential Election was nice but I had some problems with Chris Matthews. What a jerk. I will no longer watch his stupid program. Not only does he treat Mr. Steele with little or no respect despite his appearance, he is accustomed to interrupting people and using his bulldoggery to keep his agenda on the table which is to have people do what he wants.

Small wonder then I see him talking with Rachel and giving comments, sitting next to her, introducing guests even though it's her show and then making a PERSONAL REMARK about Rachel's truck. Yeah because we all need to know that personal information. Meanwhile Rachel has to spend the rest of the show wondering why her "buddy" made a slight that made her appear "butch".

She majored in politics but nothing prepares you for a betrayal like that. That's why brainiacs have such BIG hearts and why punks like Criss Mafew have mothers named Mother Teresa that couldn't afford to send them to Oxford.

What do you say to a woman with two blackeyes? Nothing, you done told her twice! You ever watch Fifth Element when that evil guy is explaining what he does, he looks at something peaceful and spills a glass and out come the robots to clean it up... "look at them all, so busy now". Yeah I revere evil-doers doing stuff to "spice up" the show.

So don't make me watch this Limbaugh impersonator and next time make him work the TVs that show the polls. That guy, Chuck Todd, worked the TVs much too quickly btw. You know some of us speak TWO languages and even though I may be knowledgable in many areas, I still don't know that GOP stands for the Republicans. Why not just call it the RNC? When it comes to visual aids remember that MOST people that are interested in politics are either retired or have an easy lifestyle which doesn't include that vast populace of young people or "other" people that have barely TWO free hours to watch TV outside of work.  What I mean is that I am slower in my ability to focus than younger people and it's not a contest.  I mean if you spend 5 minutes showing people 10 states too fast, you might as well just show 1 state and explain what the legend means and what "95% reporting" means, and maybe you can explain why some states are red even though they aren't decided yet, or why Alaska is so small or why you didn't put a big bar graph on each state indicating the power of their population. 


And another thing, she mentioned that she misspoke when she came back from the bathroom and spoke about Colorado yet all her "buddies" thought it was a good idea to keep her in the dark.  Yeah, so while she is interrupting people with apologies while trying to get the facts to the people as fast as possible, THESE asshats forget to mention that CO's polls came in while she was out.

Who invited these people?

Well I don't have too much experience in politics but it occurs to me that people being lied to is not why I turn to Rachel Maddow. Old, disgruntled, FAILED, journalists that incite action for the GOOD of the show are really just wiping their ass on TV.

What happened to Chris Hayes? Even if he showed up in a cardigan he would have served his show better that the other guys did.

And what the hell was that with the guy from Last word with McCoughnnaghy. Rachel states that the Republicans have a real problem with accepting the truth and after they refuse to concede because Ohio was too close, she pans out the previous times they attacked non-partisan reports adding fire to Bill Maher's rhetoric of Republicans living in a bubble, so asshat Mcconnaghy chooses this time to remind us that Bush took the election after he refused to concede Florida. Not only that but his candor and tone makes it clear that he is NOT a team player and not a team player for Rachel.

Of course maybe he was a little jealous of the "play" that Chris got when she put her hands on him. Heh. I'm glad I no longer get jealous. It's an ugly thing. Even my father agrees, men do terrible things out of jealousy.

Just look at their Morning Joe show. It's a disgrace.  Do we really need to watch another Regis and Kelly? We know how that ends, she ends up with a black guy. We really need to go through that? And it sounds rascist but no I'm not rascist, I would have no problem spelling out Alex Wagner's name in the back of her Ferrrari. Yeah, unless she started caressing Chris Matthews on air, which would make me CRAZY!

So back to Rachel, hmm. Well I guess maybe she caused it all even though she didn't mean to. That's what I told my father, women just sit back and wonder where ALL this trouble came from, when in fact it was THEM who didn't behave. 


 Still, I have to say, they are SO lucky to have her.  Don't waste that innocent energy that she conveys.  It is so tentative.  There is a story in the Bible I forget which one, maybe moses, but an angel helps a woman escape her captors and pretty soon they are climbing a huge trail up a mountain and as the woman realizes the angel has wings, she asks him if he has wings why doesn't he just fly them up the mountain.  So the angel flies her up the mountain and without a word... the angel is gone. 

Once your angel is gone, once you lose your gold watch in lava, you better let it go because MAN... it's gone.