Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Saturday, October 05, 2013

Government shutdown

BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

I am getting so used to posting little comments on twitter that my ability to write long text is becoming more difficult. I like the engaging nature of twitter because it really is like having us all connected like the BORG.

Of course this has the side-effect of, like the Borg, having annoying people always nearby. I am conscious of this and so try hard to regulate my "liking" people too much for fear of being annoying.

SECupp is a fine example.

It's hard not to want to follow her around and straighten her out. My best friend had a sister that followed around bands and had boyfriends that "were lost causes". I wondered why she did that but at the same time it reminded me of MY little sister who did the same. And right about now you are probably thinking, aw, he likes SECupp like he likes his sister.

Um... no.

But after reading my own box set of twitters, I realize that my friendliness could be an intrusion, so I like to spread my feedback around in the hope that my influence doesn't become a canker that people have to look forward to EVERY day.

So today I'm back to writing. There is so much I want to write in those little spaces sometimes that I forget that what makes my journal SO important is the date and the time that I write them so that later I can look back and say "Yep I remember the shutdown, the era of the anarchy BEFORE THE ACTUAL anarchy".

You ever watch a commercial and see something that is SO ANNOYING you are like "how can people be paid for saying this".

First example: There is a commercial selling a new future and a person is talking and going on about America's future and then he says "infa-strucutre". So children can now mispell his word even if America has great things planned for the future. Annoying.

Another example: BDO commercial.  A company doesn't have the resources to continue so it's time to bring in an accounting firm, because the lesson here is WE ARE TOO STUPID to find tax-free income. Or better, these experts will save us thousands by organizing our books better, or maybe they just have a lot of bribe money, I'm not sure what RESOURCES an accounting firm is supposed to bring but, like Miley Cyrus says, "what about the children?!"

By the way, I can't believe I missed Tina Fey's show. It was on the news and everything and I was so looking forward to it and I searched for the show and I guess it came and went because I missed it.

Has nothing to do with me wanting to see her boobs. Nope nothing. And stop calling me a liar.

Another example is the annoying alleve commercial. Can you see yourself asking to get your alleve back? Can you imagine your child asking you to take your Alleve? And never mind that the name alleve in Spanish means soothe which is an instant hit among spanish people that want to soothe themselves but don't get what addiction is. I mean what kind of existence is that where you are required to take medication every day? You are not getting better, you are staying sick. Do you get that ?!

Now let's talk about that poor woman that got killed in DC. I am not gonna talk about the dead because that's a big slap across a lot of faces but ask yourself this, would you like to be OFF your medication? Out of money maybe or pissed at your doctor and through no fault of your own... OFF your medication?

That's all I have to say about that.

Whew, see when I rant and rave here, I don't feel so much like I am doing it to ONE PERSON's twitter account. Now I am going to promote Copeland's. Great restaurant that cooks stuff from my home town, New Orleans. I need to go back there one day. I recently had a birthday and my mother took me out for steak and it was AWESOME. I had a couple of scotches why? Because FUKEM! But I was a little embarassed being buzzed next to my mother. It's unsettling to be best bros with your mother or father and as I was sitting there rattling off odd things about our family and the news but then she wanted to go shopping and I was like "... but I can't walk." Yeah, that's a wake-up call.

Another unsettling moment was on Erin Burnett where, god bless her, she didn't pounce on this Senator that was obviously a little toasted. That's good journalism and she is hot btw. Which makes me wanna jump on her twitter account.

That's like a metaphor or something! - Julia Ioffe

Ah Bartleby! Ah humanity! These are the last lines from a story about a person that lost heart or more to the point was stifled SO much or suffered so much pain, that his actions became meaningless, so he fought for the sake of fighting but not for a cause.  And he refused violence, despite others' willingness to use it against him.

So when I saw that Senator a little toasty it occurred to me what they must be going through. They MUST hang in there because they are Republicans and the cause of the party must be defended. But thankfully it has turned around and finally been given the voice it deserved. A voice for the poor people that are the ones that are going to have to pay for this. In essence, the people of middle america, the farmers and rural citizens have said WAITAMINUTE, hold up city folk, We aint having it!

And it's thanks to Ted Cruz. It's not complicated. They are using leverage and Democrats don't want to have to admit it but they are outnumbered. They are going to exclaim unfair tactics, cry foul, maybe close a few too many parks that don't need closing , but they are not going to say oh that's right this is about the VOTES!

If we were discussing paying for a war or paying for New York's disaster assistance or an intercontinental pipeline, the government would be in a gridlock but  DC vs. poor people ... poor people are NUTS!

The solution is to stop taking people into the program, stop signing people up, open up a new tax that will pay for the procedures that were already paid for and take the law out. Have the STATES do what Mitt Romney did and open a per state network.  Rural states dont need this, cities need this and perhaps not for good reasons.  I am talking to YOU disability professionals!  The new law would be to not have a law. It was a good idea but the sad truth is people don't appreciate having their money funneled into Washington DC like a pension fund.

People KNOW what happens to pension money. Wall ST knows what to do with pension money.

And more to the point, what comes next? What happens when people have TWO THINGS, two taxes, that can be adjusted in their income? Regular income taxes now become irrelevant, as people's GOODWILL income taxes start to go up and down.

This is HUGE.

Social Security can now be PAID for. Disaster Aid can be accounted for. A War Tax can be levied. ALL SORTS of temporary taxes can now go to pay for the goodwill "medical" needs. What happens to this POOL of money is what happens when a state opens up a lottery.

With the best of intentions, the worst things happen.

At first, 50% of the money is promised to education. Then they start reporting how much has been invested in education so far( because the percent is no longer 50, it's less). Then people have longer and longer waits to get their money while the state decides how to spend that money. Now playing the lottery itself, is confusing because with powerball this and magic number that, regular people need not apply.  Only perhaps, disbability er... I mean... lottery professionals, some of whom may perhaps have their entries tagged for special consideration.

My father once had a lottery ticket misstamped and noone could find his ticket. I called the regional manager and he basically called my father a liar. Rest assured if you win millions, here in FLORIDA, there is a pack of justifiers waiting to explain "what happened" when you can't redeem your ticket.

So you see, there's money in denying people their dreams. AND there's money in making them come true. There's money in all change and I don't think we are ready NOR EVER WILL BE ready for a new tax that hasn't already been levied through a another name.

ps sort of ...  I love how everyone against the ACA(Affordable Care Act aka. Obamacare) is now insane, more mental issues speak leaving everyone to wonder "Am I wrong?"

 I also love how noone talks about Ted Cruz now and are straight out attacking Boehner, practically ignoring the person that allowed this massive launch of people to have a say.  Sure he's young but come on, at least walk around with him, take his opinion, find out what happened.

Why is our answer to criminality always to open a new bureau and tax the people more and talk about it a lot instead of just hiring more police. If hospitals are charging too much, why cant we just say that and appoint more oversight, instead you let them do what they are doing and charge the people.

That's backwards.