Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Dolphins Rule


BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

There was a time that I went to Niagara Falls. I had some extra money and I thought, hey one day I'ma get married and go there so I had better prepare the visit ahead of time just so I know where everything is.

A long while back, me and by best friend, went to Disney. It looked kind of awkward I must say but we both justified the trip as reconnaissance. We would find out what it was like to stay there in case we ever needed to take girls. And then we started going on other trips, with future girlfriends in mind. Later, I made other trips with other friends always with the idea in the back of my mind that these would make good trips to take girlfriends on if the opportunity ever surfaced.

So still later, one day, I decided meh I'll go by myself to Niagara Falls. But I had only three days off from work so I couldn't stay long. As it turned out it was a great trip. I stopped at some souvenir shops and got shot glasses from the states that I visited and I took a bunch of pictures. One picture that I took was of the sky. It was light blue with reddish tint in it and if you looked closer you could see... lines.

You're thinking "one too many times in the holodeck", am I right?

OK so before you go all nuts on me, this was in New York so just go outside and check it out people, maybe it was an off day. I took it easy while I was there and was going to stay the night the second night but I decided to change course and come back the day before and drove all night. It was nice and clear of traffic and I was excited and driven to make it back so I could sleep when I got home and I did but the trip has left its mark on me now. It was the last time I went out of state and that feeling of freedom has not returned ever since.

Anyways so recently I arranged those shot glasses over the toilet and they look nice but there were some extra glasses there from when I went to Alabama which was when my cousin was in town. 

She used to call herself the "black sheep" of the family but I wager I could debate that title from her. 

So I took those down and just left the good ones from my trip to New York. But then one day my father noticed that candy was missing from the coffee table and brought some but fact is the whole plate was missing and in its place were other adornments. Well I looked for the candy plate and found it and washed it and placed it back in place of this statue of a dolphin. 

Oddly, my University is of the Dolphins which was weird. My mother has always celebrated my networking whether it be at poker parties or Alumni gatherings, she finds stuff to buy and she supports it. My sister is a fan of Rick Scott because her old boss now works for him so even though I don't like Republicans, I feel unsavory distancing myself or even talking about him. So I make the best of it and just embrace both parties as best I can. I have this one mantle piece of dogs at a poker party that my mother bought me and she even got me a poker table cover once to use but the guys never bought into it. So I'm not sure that they even knew about it. This was like 5 years ago or something.

The point here is that I removed my mother's dolphin figurine out of the way to make a place for the tray of candy on the coffee table. Later, I was using the bathroom and I noticed other figurines of elephants there on each side of the shot glasses and I wondered at them. I guess I'm a Republican even though I don't like those people as a group. I don't even like hearing about them. Their philosophy seems to be to win at all costs, to dominate, to change the rules if possible. This is not my philosophy at all but if my parents provide for me, then they must be doing something right, yeah?

I feel like that 16 year old in Sound of Music. He is 16, going on 17 da da ... da DAH DAH da. I end up with the Nazis and my chance for love escapes to the hills.

Today, I noticed something new on the mantle next to the toilet. It was that dolphin figurine shoved in between all of my shot glasses. On it, was a sticker plain as day stuck near the bottom that I hadn't noticed before...

Made in Mexico.

PS. I once dated a girl who eventually left me to go follow her dreams in Mexico. That's part of the reason I failed out of my MBA course. Her family was Mexican, the father a surgeon, but for some reason, some 6 months later she was back and called me, found out I was out of the program, and that was the last time I heard from her.