Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Intelligent Life


BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

I think it is neat that they got a spacecraft to land on a Comet.  And I hear it was done at a significantly discounted cost.  

One of the things that should be obvious to all young people, as it is to me, is that labor will ALWAYS be a factor in making someone rich.  You take labor that is intensive and difficult, make it easy, then replace the worker, sort of like a rinse repeat thing except that sometimes the worker wises up and cannibalizes the business by opening up a NEW business competing with the same business he was about to get replaced in.  

This spacecraft probably didn't require Ph'Ds from the best schools overseeing its launch and frankly I don't think there is really very hard work involved in plotting graphs.  It's the sort of thing that once programmed need never be touched again.  It's like an abacus or a slide rule.  Totally obselete today with calculators but say you run out of batteries one day... 

Ah!  That's why they taught us how to use those in college calculus anyways.  

In fact I sort of doubt that space travel is possible.  As you have read in one of my previous blogs, there is no resistance in space so waving your hands HARD at the wall is similar to what would happen when someone tries to use an exhaust in a void, but meh I relegate reality to the people in charge.  

What would be funny is if they zeroed in on a uniquely red white and blue object that at first sign would appear to be purposely ridged which would prove there was intelligent life out in the cosmos... and then have it turn out to be a Pepsi-Cola bottle cap.   

PS. You guys DO know how to use an abacus yeah? Me neither.