Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Holder on to your horses



BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

There's a reason that I want Eric Holder to stay in office and why I think he is going to have things taken from him.  First, it's happened to me.  When I was an up and coming karaoke singer I was awful at singing.  In fact, they turned down the mike every time I sang Dream On because I positively could NOT hit that high note.  

But I kept trying.  I knew that in time I could do it because I had done so with other songs from Journey.  And eventually I did but it's one of those songs that if I am not out singing often, I lose the ability to do it.  

In time I was able to sing very well and also in time I became an esteemed member of the night crew.  This doesn't mean I ever actually WORKED the karaoke but it was nice to know that I was expected and appreciated.  So appreciated in fact that eventually I had people wanting me to sit at their table of which I had to CHOOSE which table I would sit at which made it difficult to please everybody.  

This reminds me of SarahK for some reason.  

As I moved from place to place, after moving or just getting tired of the people or maybe tired of the karaoke guy, (ROGER this means YOU), I ended up at this place that didn't have karaoke.  

People already knew a lot about me and some even hinted at knowing where I was last night when I was at a different bar, which meant they were keeping track of me.  

Big deal.  

But it became a big deal because one time I was subject to an act that I was not ready for.  One guy told me that this lady was a drug dealer.  I didn't appreciate that.  I was VERY disturbed.  If I was loyal to the guy I was keeping a secret from the lady.  If I was loyal to the lady I was plain out betraying that guy.  I mean WHY did I need to know this stuff... I don't do drugs!

Well, I decided not to keep it to myself because it would wear on me so I relayed to the lady what I was told.  SHOCK and AWE ensued.  I suddenly was ignored by people that had always wished me well and I felt wronged somehow so I decided to leave.  

At that point, several terrible things happened to me the first of which was a lady yelling at me for no reason in a drive-thru which got me angry.  The cops were already there like with EXCELLENT RESPONSE TIME(Jack Reacher) and I was arrested.  

Not only had I lost what semblance of closeness I had with the bar but the police now ALL agreed I was in the wrong as well.  

So this gets me to Eric Holder.  You're probably wondering HOW this relates to him at all?  Well he was supporting the black people of Ferguson right?  He heard their cries and resolved to help them.  At the same time, James Woods, after noting that several black people took this as an opportunity to LOOT some stores, called him out personally to make a stand for the business owners just like he had just done for the protesters.  

He and I were both trying to do the right thing... right?  Go right to the source and explain things the way he thinks everyone saw it.  Except that it WASN'T the way everyone saw it. 

Now he has not only a full town full of white people, including James Woods asking him to be "a non-bias authority"(not in a nice way) for a change, he is about to let down all of the black people that, in my mind, need him to stay and BE just who he is.  

Instead, he has agreed to resign.  

In like fashion I resolved not to go back to bars.  I was sure they didn't want me there and still don't want me there.  

Fact is, a whole lot of people that DON'T harass you and talk like an electric eel(aka Woods), haven't had a chance to make their say.  

A guy down the street from me drives by once in a while and asks how I'm doing and talks to my father once in a while.  He saw us at the bar usually on Fridays and said Hi. My sister divorced her husband that often played in the bar so that's one more reason for me not to go, but what about me and my sister's friends?  Are we to GIVE UP terriTORY despite the years we spent there playing darts with whoever wished to play?  

It's kind of a moot point since there is NO WAY my sister's going back there and she lives CLEAR across town now.  

But the right thing to do was to get right back in there and explain what happened, what my side of it was, and to go on poking around like I was a normal part of life.  

Instead, I now have people following me around town with their brights on.  I'm getting calls at odd hours probably a way of letting me know they haven't FORGOTTEN about me.  I have not just a few bits of harassment come through online by VIRTUAL people that act like they know me(which they probably do) like I just said that are practically death threats but that are mostly just people responding to their own fear of the unknown.  

They have taken things.  They have taken my peace of mind.  I never regarded that as precious before now but I see what they mean by peace of mind now.  

Eric Holder has basically shown his face in Ferguson and has let down all of those people that expected him to "order up" that society through example and through diligence but by resigning, like I did, he can expect... 
well, he can expect to be unhappy.  

A better move would be to stay.

PS.  What I'm saying is, he should stay and everyone should consider themselves LUCKY he is still there... maybe.  On the other hand, maybe nobody misses me... (EDIT: I'm doing this now on my TINY 13" LCD using like VGA mode so it's going to be lower quality stuff from now on, sorry guys.