Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Klingon Love


BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

Deep Space 9 was not very good.  It was average to good for the first 3 seasons and frankly if you are in a hurry you might as well skip the first 3 seasons altogether because it is quite the fancy pants mainstay that an offshoot series is without its great writer and that's what this is.  I have to admit that even though I don't attribute much of the success of the later episodes solely to the addition of Worf, it IS much more interesting with him there.  It's like the episodes got its Messiah in some respects, or maybe its Kayless.  

And OMG was the show just a throwaway for Jadzia who is otherwise supposed to be this ancient person stuffed into a young woman's body like a sort of wonder woman character if you ask me who is sexy but uninterested but at the same time good looking and wise which adds up to a... a nothing character.  She is wise and technical but since they have OBrien there as chief engineer, she sort of serves as an I don't know what role since she is second to Sisko but wait over here is Kyra who is second who is like an Executive Officer but really is just a nice to look at.  Truth is part of me had to suffer through her romances because they were so flimsy and part of me thinks if it wasn't for her the whole thing would not be worth looking at, so maybe she saves them long enough for the series to become interesting at about season 4.  

It's just around season 4 that it really starts to pick up.  I don't know if that is when they bring over the writer from TNG(The Next Generation) or if they start to finally have enough money for good music or more money for special effects but it gets good here.  When they took away Odo's power I just thought it was time to dump the series.  It seemed like they lost their special effects budget and that the rest of it was just holding out till the end.  And when Odo kills one of his own despite their credo of not killing one of their own, I thought the whole things was going to fall apart. A part of me was like EW, now WE are the bad guys THANKS!  

Don't even get me started on Kyra and her Deanna Troi only dates world leaders' mentality but she is actually faithful and devout except for she kills people.  Her character is kinda stupid.  She does a fine job acting but the stuff they write for her, ew.  

And this brings me to my reason for writing is because it sure did get a lot better.  After the Dominion attacks and Gul Ducat is flung this way and that and Odo interacts with the gods and the wormhole turns out to have REAL gods living in them, it starts to get better.  It's like a genius showed up and took the whole series under his wing.  And OMG Jadzia and Worf.  When they get together the whole thing gets 10% better just because of that.  I mean who ELSE could an immortal yet worthless trill fall for but a Worf.  And who else but this woman just short of a wonder woman would stave off his molten and bleeding heart.  And when they start joking with each other, it gives me hope like nothing I have ever seen.  It's like all the episodes were worth watching just to reach this... realization... that it really WILL be all worth it even if LOVE is late in coming.  

And that episodes with his marriage and then the one where they go rescue an operative on their honeymoon... that one was priceless.  People could just skip the whole series and watch that one first and then watch the rest.  I think it's called "the beating heart".  

Well, I broke my own heart yesterday watching Alex.  I was mean and as I watched her I had to turn off the TV because I wondered at whether the news or something I said had sombered her demeanor.  I apologize if I did.  

I was looking for a show with one of my favorite girls in it and I arrived at one with Lacey Chabert.  She is really good looking but man her face is just I don't know, YOUNG looking, probably because of her role in Lost in Space.  

In the movie she is just about to be put into a mental institution by her husband who is a psychiatrist and works with other psychiatrists and it's really quite pathetic to see everyone ganging up on her and her trust fund, until her lawyer, played by Paul Sorvino, starts to take up for her and that turns the whole movie around at which point we find out that she was the one who killed her own father that killed her mother and from that you can guess who the movie unfolds.  It's really quite entertaining and I had a good laugh once or twice, possibly because of the vengeance and all.  

After that, somehow after breaking away from DS9, I found this movie by Neve Campbell.  I was scared to watch it slightly because I didn't want to rouse up old feelings for a girl I was once in love with but to be honest it didn't.  I guess I am over her then.  It was a great movie where she plays a police chief of a small town much like Tom Selleck's role in his small series on Netflix.  Yeah I can't think of the title just now but you all won't have trouble finding it.  She is not very sexy in most of it but at the end she starts to smile a lot and you realize why you tuned in in the first place, lol.  

I wonder if I love Alex.  I guess that's why single men need to have MULTIPLE love interests, to keep that possible focus... floating.  One thing I do know is that episode is what I want from my wife and when I have her, I don't want to 
have multiple or even temporary, I want Klingon love.  

PS. Since I don't have my old computer, I don't have pictures to put up.  Sorry guys.