Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Vista is for the birds

BLM:75 WHM:75 SMN:47 THF:75 WAR:62 RNG:44

Well I finally just went out and bought another FFXI game cuz I lost my other one and lo and behold now it won't run under the current operating system which is Vista. This after I bought a nice new video adapter to use. I almost thought I fried my hard drive because I was so stupid as to put it on my bed and change out the video card with my tennis shoes on. I thought my computer was so dead but then I installed my old video card back and it turned out to be something else that was wrong. There were guys from the linkshell that seemed to think there should be no problem using Vista so I had renewed hope that it could work but it hasn't yet.

.

Last night at the bar I started giving my sister crap again and today I am really embarassed by it. Once I start going my mouth sort of goes off on its own. You'd think at this age I would be able to control that.

.

I have spent the last 3 hours trying to find how to install FFXI with Vista as the OS but no luck. I will try to do chat help tomorrow I guess. I really hate wasting time like this on my day off that I could have spent playing Shadowrun or something but I'm missing the game and don't want to play it on 360 cuz I cant type so well on it.

.

I got my WHM feet in Dynamis Friday and perhaps the next time I am in Xarca I can get the mitts to fall so that I am 5/5 on WHM Relic gear. I was really hoping a set of BLM hands would fall though so I could try the gloves on with my Dark gear. The computer I was using though was the old one and it was just horrible and lagged something fierce. I might try installing the old video card on that one and perhaps download the driver for it to see how it goes. I have like NO IDEA when I will be able to play on my own computer though. I have had this nice new keyboard with backlit keys that I could use in the dark for like 3 weeks now and haven't been able to play.

.

Tonight is poker night but I feel the guys sort of getting strained about having me around. I have been the big winner for like 3 weeks straight and one of them owes me money even, maybe not the best way to keep a friendship going. I will have to call them. I finally got my cellphone working so I guess I will put it to good use.

.

Later.