Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Getyu asto Mars


BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

The title is one of my favorite sayings by Ah'nold that I say when I have to get going.

Do you know what is wrong with the Bible? Well, for one thing, every preacher tells you his version of what the stories mean. In Star Trek TNG one of the episodes talks about Kahless and how maybe the words were more important than the man. I believe they were talking about Jesus here. Because though Jesus was God, it is his words that make or made him the way and therefore the light. Obviously this is the part where I piss off a great deal of people so I won't explain what I believe. I do want to make obvious some things that are obvious but only if you are told.

Can you move in space? If you are in the upper atmosphere, then yes because even a slight air density provides resistance. But out in space there is no resistance. So if you wave your arms or shoot a gun or fire off a nuclear explosion, nothing happens to you because all force disappears like so much flame underwater. In fact, explosions are much more severe in space but because of no conductivity, like a grenade underwater, ions are dispersed without the chance to burn or achieve distance before dissipating. What does this mean? Well it means we won't be going to Mars. It probably means we attempted to get to the Moon and failed and stopped trying but think of what this means for our dreams. What if Star Trek is BS? What will we do? Well we are probably going to have to make our dreams about getting to the center of the world, instead of getting off of it.

I believe we can fire off a shot that can be so accurate that we can make it to the moon but to get off of the Moon, we would need to take a BUNCH of fuel and I don't think that launching from the moon is possible with current technology. The same thing goes for launching from Mars.

Now I come from a time when science was more honest than it is now and a lot more information was available to grubby little learners like I was. But all I needed was to have doubt and it became clear. I just had to have government cheat me once, to know that they had cheating as a option and that maybe it was common and then to logically discern that it was, of course, going to be policy where possible.

Now I am not an enemy of the government, but I believe it to be wrong to catch innocent people(like me) in traps. And besides, how will we improve if we don't carry on with our brightest and best using what we know.

More importantly, launching from Mars would have to come from an incredibly over-funded exploration that at first determines that Carbon fuels exist there, which it seems like it would, and then somehow people would have to build cities or at least a factory there that would mine this mineral, coal I guess, and somehow refine the fuel there and then build rockets that could launch and make it back to Earth. Quite impossible to even contemplate in your mind, let alone actualize. Still, it is the future and there is immense wealth to be had if we can just pacify ourselves enough to study more often than fight.

Now this is in my mind, That's right, if you are in my mind you are in danger of losing your reality so decide, like Achilles said in Troy, (thanks Brad Pitt)I have no wish to harm you but you must decide what to believe, don't blame me later for "charming" you.

In my mind, the sun is getting less hot. This means as it cools our planet will turn red also. Why, because it is getting used up. Blue stars have the most energy, red stars have the least. Clues. It's a big risk yeah? What if I am completely wrong? Is it at least likely that once that planet was like ours?

Was our trip to the moon fakes? Well if it was, maybe that would be reason for the president to want to close NASA right? He might want everyone to know what BS our money is going to and with our debt where it's going, the cost of BS for the sake of BS is getting expensive. But for me, in my mind, NASA is just the country's version of Research & Development(R&D) which improves our technology by leaps and bounds after a HUGE waste of money.

Of course if we spend the money, and China and Russia merely copy the tech and start their own companies, we aren't going to maintain dominance and like a spoiled brat, that doesn't know the cost of attaining that Technology, they will abuse it.

It's like Jeff Goldblum said in the movie Jurassic Park. "My problem is you didn't have to expend the scientific will to achieve it." The lesson was that monsters were created without an appropriate place in the food chain. Without a system in place, you can't expect good things.

It's like sex and marriage. When families both know who the happy couple is months ahead of the marriage, noone doubts the baby's father. So if we are going to have space exploration, there need to be whole cities dedicated to that purpose, not some agency with maybe a good outlook if we can figure out what that is.

So what, right? All this for what? Well in our FAR distant future, after the entire world realizes that we must dominate the weak in a systemized orderly fashion without pain, we will be able to maximize worker output to have the kind of megalopolis that would be necessary to support these Star Trek projects without Obamacare website contracts that make the Jacksonville Courthouse look like a handshake between honest men. (edit: What I mean here is that the two deals were mostly for money and went to the dealmakers, whereas the actual product and rollout were a sham)

I'm tired now, I just get depressed knowing I used to believe this (ie. space travel) would happen in my lifetime, but I see now that it won't.