Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Triple Major

BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

I am writing this as sort of a staid comment on my general being. I think I am "twitter-whipped". I get such a kick from reading new comments from my (my?) women on twitter, that I can't put two things together to write on my blog. Even Ann Coulter is belting out blogs faster than me and she posts hers after vetting and research and they are so proper afterwards that she copy/pastes them in her books!

Why am I such a lame-o lately? (edit: wow, I didn't plan on writing all this, so much for short blog on twitter)

I have ideas but, like in twitter, I get this angst from having stuff that might "actually" get read. I know I should NEVER have deleted that first tweet. Why? Because it's too addictive! I belt out crazy comments to women and fifty seconds and a I LOVE CHOCOLATE MILK later I am terrified of getting blocked or slammed with some comment that I intended to be funny but ends up sounding like a "let me touch it" quip.

So now I am very careful but I am also very selective with what I leave out there because the LAST thing I want is to be destructive to someone's feelings and that's hard to avoid from a text message and when a response is possibly forthcoming.

Lisa Bloom was writing one time about children and other really worthwhile causes that, I mean, I wish I was married to someone like her or knew her somehow because THAT is what I imagine REAL upper class women should act like. She even reminds me of my philosophy professor that I had a slight crush on. She went to Vanderbilt. It's really sad to mention but one of the neat things about going to a private university is that SOME of the faculty come from GREAT schools. And it's sad to note that some people are better than others at teaching but it's maybe MYSTIC the way some of that school's "eliteness" comes out in the personality of the teacher... OR maybe I'm just a huge arrogant fop. You think?

So Lisa Bloom reminds me of my philosophy professor not the least of which is because basically philosophers are to lawyers what math majors are to MBA, intellectually superior but practically inferior.

So I make a comment one day and explain this article to her that looked like it was written about 10years ago but that people without computer hardware lingo might not understand. And then she replies to me. I'm like "run to the bathroom" mode and "is she gone yet" and what do I say to uberperson I just saw on TV? After about a day I got over it, but then I realized I have to edit my stuff and be careful because they are ACTUALLY reading my stuff.

I consider myself a philosopher because of all the "real-life" things that I have learned but, to be honest, the training of a philosopher is quite rigorous. If I had to earn my degree in that major, I would be a MUCH better writer than I am. In fact, my philosophy teacher, god bless her, used to rarely spare the whip writing little notes on my papers to visit the writing center as often as I could. (She probably knew I liked her, which of course means I don't respect her which isn't true but women get that way or maybe I am too much of a dumbass to realize she is out of my league which of course ain't true because I am the best and there is only one of me).

If I had to triple major in something and get the best education for my 4-year scholarship as a young person again I would first major in Math/Chemistry/Philosophy. If I wanted to earn a fat living without studying too hard and I wanted to go fat college and enjoy the good life on my parent's dime and be less smart than my previous triple major then I would, instead, major in Biology, get accepted into medical school and then get my MBA and Law degrees. Now both of these assume a 4.0 average. There would be no excuse for me, knowing that those grades would be a badge hung out to display for the rest of my life, to have anything less than perfect. I wouldn't need 100s but just "complete" binders that included everything that was paid for, with proof that I learned it.

Second triple major = much more expensive and more stable for making money. People will think that you GET IT by majoring in these and that you work well with others despite maybe unexpectedly failing your bar for some reason because some guild member thought that "you needed the lesson" before accepting you... sort of like JFK Jr.

First triple major = Actual ability much higher and much lower cost. The only problem then is to start your own firm and self-educate yourself into making practical use of your knowledge. Why is this even a choice? Bill Gates is why. It's possible for a person with this education to dominate the nation. Some people KNOW they are smart and competing people in guilds like the Medical Boards and Law Boards and CPA memberships, are like boxers with little zappers on their necks competing against you, WITHOUT a zapper. You know they are inferior just because they are bound by a higher intellect which means their real intellect is afraid or is hidden which makes their WHOLE PREMISE less vital, less competent maybe. You get this first triple major and you will, with the right network, begin to understand what society needs and then you will create it.

People will want to stop you or get you to work for them much like an agent asking Billy Joel if he would like to strike it rich "with his help" but hopefully you have a father or a family or just these stupid five words "Noone is better than you."

If you are great, they will come.

There is something to be said for huge groups of people. Don't let yourself get outnumbered. Call your sheriff and councilman once a year. Dominate your space or you might end up dancing in what turns out to be a whole nother someone's space that you didn't know was theirs and there goes Facebook!

K nuff said.

So get some workers and publish everything you can and know your people because I used to believe that people were all like me or wanted to be and no, nawh, not really. Most people just copy and paste and depend on others who got educated and they are happy to just slam some of 'em and hire others knowing that the real power is having the money or position to fire people or, if they are allowed, to harass people that don't see things their way. A lot of people are trash. Expect that from anyone that likes to laugh at others or asks you to help them often or keeps looking at you after you turn away or if they being in pleasant company, has nothing to add to the conversation.  

Good people are self-reliant. They don't need you. They are proud to be themselves.

I planned to have a doctor, accountant, and mechanic all my own but my life was too easy so I didn't invest the proper time to establish these servants early, even though I had that intention. Do that. Try to get someone young as your doctor and mechanic and accountant. Try to see them at least once a year if only to catch up on how the year has changed the both of you. Watch out for their bosses because as soon as they saw what I was up to they moved out the accountant guy and I wasted like 5 years of financials because they didn't transfer my information to the guy and he worked for them. I didn't want them, I wanted him. Lesson learned.

Ok sidetracked, so getting the first major is much easier but much harder to use. Always keep your books. Imagine yourself with a roomful of books smoking and drinking scotch, reciting quotes from A Doll House( I lived that story) to your wife's friends. Make binders... well organized binders of your chapters and pretend that you will one day TEACH this stuff to others or yourself because that's what's gonna happen. Except in five years you r gonna be like "WHAT the hell did I learn" and if you did a good job keeping binders of notes; then one afternoon later you will be all caught up. Unlike me. I have my old books which I kept for this library dream of mine but reading that crap now makes me feel like I learned nuthin sometimes. Finance is like that. That was my major. It's a prep for getting your MBA and if your having trouble getting into medical school but still have a 3.8 or so average, I can think of NOTHING BETTER than to get your MBA and become a Michael Needham type that doesn't need all that intellectual stuff because I went to Harvard, now everyone BOW. Much easier. Thanks Julia. MBAs sound great, but it's an education that is really more tedious and meritocritous than an achievement.

Oh, you are probably scared that they won't accept me back into JU a second time for another crack at my MBA.  How dare I say stuff about MBAs being second rate.  Surely they wouldn't treat me unfairly, right? (Am I starting to sound like Rachel?) Well, let's just say I would have to look long and hard for 2 letters of recommendation in this town.

ps. wow, ps again, I always think of one more thing after I start to wanna publish.  The actual triple major I had back before I got my undergrad was Finance/Accounting/Economics.  One good thing about private universities that only people that know will tell you, is that they are much better engineered.  Your schedule allows for easy combinations of courses that make many majors possible.  This was also possible at my Baptist college. But at FCCJ and UNF this was close to impossible and even getting your one degree in 2 or 4 years was hard to organize.  That's food for thought when considering you or your child's plan for their hopefully brief 4 years of college. Private Universities FTW(for the win). Oh and the reason I didn't complete my triple major was not because of planning. I had all of it organized down to the date of my entrance to law school.  It was because my best friend was assaulted at a local mall and after several kicks to the head that fractured his skull, he went into a coma.  I scored low marks that semester and failed some courses I think which messed up my plan.  I plodded along to get my finance degree sometime later, albeit with no real graduation date in mind at that point. 

My fault right? I caused that to happen somehow so that's why I don't finish stuff.  Really?  You know maybe I don't ask for help enough.  At times when I get cheated by fate I sit there and don't complain thinking, accidents happen. But I don't like to ask for help because it seems like it was my fault when it wasn't.  Or maybe I am embarassed to say I need help which implies I caused this, which I didn't.  Maybe it's a personality flaw.  If so, I am not aware of it or I need it explained to me. 

(edit: Well watching Sunday in the Park with George[thank you Sarah] has reminded me of what is important in this world and some of what I have chosen.  In keeping with that, I invite you to consider my two majors as art vs. commercial because just as being the best will make you an outsider but possibly the king, being commercial will grant you many more opportunities, which themselves create many more opportunities for women to choose you, which creates in sum MORE happiness to society than if you choose art.  My ex-brother in laws band was like that.  They did a bunch of covers really well and were afforded a bunch of happiness because of it, but they lost some of their members that chose to pursue, unsuccessfully, the life of the artist. So if you wanna get married and be happy, choose commercial adn explain this to your wife so that she doesn't "somehow" find something interesting in an artistical type who doesn't really prefer happiness to his delusion.