Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, December 09, 2013

Reach

BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

I can't restate this enough, false neighbors, be careful of them.

So today we should talk about how far our reach extends. Can we help the children of Syria, or should we? Who should? We cannot even stop hospitals from overcharging or banks from capitalizing and we wanna stop dictators from killing their own people.

My mother came back from her trip and all is well with my grandfather so we had a small get together at the main house. This includes my recently divorced sister, her son, my brother and his wife. We served enchiladas, but the way we make enchiladas is that we take a tortilla and fry it open and then put sauce then ground beef, grated lettuce, hot sauce, parmesan cheese on top and then a slice of hard boiled egg. Pieces of chopped tomatoes can be added. Sounds like a delicasy and it is. Noone makes them and it used to be standard fare at our family get-togethers in New Orleans but we haven't lived there in 20 years so, for us, it's rare.

In the various discussions that we had about various subjects, came the subject of the cat. The cat was shuffled off to live with my sister and soon thereafter, fleas overtook my father's house. Now whether to use the almost required "one drop" medicine that works wonders hinged on whether paying $75 was too much to spend. At that point I suggested sending it (the cat) to the pound, which my sister suggested was cruel, to which I suggested that cruel... was to allow Syrian rebel's children to continue to be "roach-sprayed" like so much obsolescense from an inventory list.

Then I stretched out my hands and explained, "Reach. We can only deal with the evil, that we can reach."