Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Another BS night in Suckville


BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

 In watching a recent movie about Being Flynn, I realized that maybe people would not want to read about my autobiography.  It's funny but how the story ends really decides whether or not the story is worth telling, I guess. 

My father often tells me that in his younger days he was a man of action, a candle, whatever that means and recently he told me that age has finally caught up with him.  In my opinion, I still don't see that it has but ok.  He tells me that I am still young and have plenty of time to do things in life.  It's strange.  I feel like age has already caught up with me even at this age.  But I told him that if he thought so, then maybe it was possible.  

I don't even know why I started paid to watch Being Flynn.  I was looking for movies by Olivia Thirlby.  Don't ask me why but her face just draws me to her.  She is really good-looking in my opinion even though it's not like omg blue-eyes good-looking.  Don't ask me why.  People are probably wondering about DeNiro or the other character and the whole time I am just wondering what Olivia's character is all about. 

So the movie was about being a writer, which I call myself, so it really honed me up for a career in writing which as it turns out is a very difficult and risky life.  It lays some dead-on punches about what being a dreamer is all about and how ACTUALLY disdainful it is to others.  

Recently, I went out with my parents on their anniversary and we had some good food but for some reason they sat some people right behind my parents facing me which I didn't find odd but then they started to look at their phone a lot.  

So it was time to take their picture.  

Fair enough yeah?  Well, some minutes later the guy starts to cough and then some more, soon me and him are clearing our throats like the two climbers on a mountain range.  What gets me is that he is there with his girlfriend.  I mean why bring HER into this.  One thing is for sure is that I am not going to take it, gf or no, because all that happens is they walk away happy and I walk away wondering how to get even... which never happens.  So I am required to counter their maladies directly and publicly if I am to have some sound sleep that night.  

Yet for some reason, my parents thought it an opportune time, when it was time to leave, to ask them about their lineage and boy were they smiles then.  Just a couple of nice people, laughing, wishing us well, what a nice thing to have a nice conversation after a meal that they coincidentally finished when we were done.  I smiled but inside I was unsettled.  

Still, I slept soundly that night.  

Another time recently, I went to the zoo and spent a wonderful day with a bunch of people all marveling at the weird animals.  It was my first time at the Jacksonville Zoo and I have been here 20 years.  My mother asked me to go and I was up for it.  But I got tired very quickly.  I need to do more exercise if I am going to get back in shape.  I guess I have told you all about my back and lately it has been getting better but it has definitely taken a beating and developed some mannerisms.  Everything was going good until we stopped to get some slushies and sat there for a while talking.  I got comfortable but as I slouched there on the bench, my back did that awful thing of locking in a twisted fashion and after that I was struggling.   We had to cut the visit short and got no more than half the zoo done.  Still it was fun and the day was great and at least it will make for a nice visit the next time I go since I haven't seen it all.  

I read some terrible things in the news recently.  I mean WOW man I can't take a couple of days off from twitter and whole thing seems to fall into shambles.  New York is having protests, a black man's family that was killed by police is basically being told too bad you all are black, and the President falls ill.  

See it's times like this that I want to come out of my hole guns blazing to save the world, and yet HOW is at all productive?  So I guess it's back to twitter.  Maybe I can post some comments to calm things down.  I mean the whole time I'm there things get more and more boring and then I quit it and POOF, world crisis!  

I have even been missing Alex lately which is funny because everytime I look at her now it's like she got BETTER looking.  Very strange.  I guess I am missing a TV figure somehow.  

But I have been busy with my video games.  I recently bought Diablo3 and even though it was very entertaining for a while I sought more online interaction with other people and got involved with FFXI again which for some reason is chock full of evil people both that are involved in Real Money Trading (RMT), which is against their rules, and GMs that like to mess up my statistics sometimes.  I call them GMs but it likely is some gane developers that have taken a personal interest in messing up my online exp.  A part of me thinks that there is some way they can see what I have because often they are spooky like that when they talk about stuff.  

Anyways I had a falling out with one of them, who pretended to be my friend and then pretended not to know he was disrespecting me.  So I told him he was going to be Blacklisted, which also means muted, and HE went ape-shit with the cursing.  Good riddance.  He's lucky I didn't have his account banned for it.  

So after that most people started to not want to talk to me for some reason, even though he was the one that lost his marbles.   So it was time to move on.  Inquisition came out and I was expecting great things.  I started to save my money and even used up a Best Buy giftcard my brother gave me to help buy the game the very day it came out.  It was strange though because it didn't come with a book even though it was still wrapped in plastic. 

It was fun for a while but now it drags.  I haven't tried the online part of it but really it's just meh.  Dissappointing.  I hope that when I do try it online it is a lot better but I want to finish the story once before I do and I just don't see that happening soon.  It's too boring.  

It's also too slow.  I have it installed on the hard drive and it's frozen up several times and I can hear the disk still running sometimes even though it's supposed to be using the hard drive.  Very strange.  

So then I installed Defiance.  I had to remove other games from the hard disk since it is chock full of movies and games but on a high note at least those games don't run on the disk which takes it easy on my machine.  I told you all that I had to take it apart and vacuum it so now I try to handle it carefully so it doesn't overheat.  This means I don't want to run the disk if I can help it.  

Well I'm pooped now so I guess I will skip the part about the body and the blood and how we all are a part of the ying yang of life that must each respect each other even if we disagree.  

Till next time.