Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Alex gone


BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

Since my last blog I have had to go WEEKS without Alex and I never realized how much I needed her until now that she is gone.  Boo hoo I guess.  But we must all march on.  Fact is that at least now she can come closer to negotiating the "Bryan Williams" level salary that she deserves.  I think maybe she should consider taking Steve with her to do a morning show somewhere on another network for TWICE the pay, maybe three times.  But I also believe that what makes her so great is not her beauty( though that's a big part) or her charisma and confidence as compared to others (which is quite a boon on her part), but it is the place she holds there with all of her guests.  Always she is tight with her comments diverse with her exclamations and slightly wistful at sad news but never overly much.  I said before that I loved her but now to really think about it I have refined my view... so I will include it now.  

I love the person that she is.  I love her PLACE in the world.  

I got that from Jerry MacGuire.  Tom had come to dread who he had become(another shark in a suit) and so he had a burning bush moment.  There's the difference between what he became(as a lawyer) and what Alex has become(as a journalist).  So ok, that's enough good news for Alex and her family.  I doubt that she will return because that is the nature of maternity is realizing, especially when pregnant, that you didn't have to settle and that you could have chosen ANYBODY and they would have been the father and that you still could because that great moment when you were free is past.  But it doesn't have to be so bad.  All things in life are about contracts or slavery.  Some people call it jobs, others contracts, others agreements but nothing is as permanent as a baby.  Does that mean women understand jobs better?  Maybe.  But I'm losing my point now.  What was it? 

So I hope that she becomes who she is meant to become.  Hopefully that includes helping people by relaying things on TV.  Oh I just googled her and apparently she is worth $3 million so I guess she doesn't need any more millions but whatever she is worth... I think... she's worth AT LEAST double.