Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Friday, November 13, 2015

Why the need?

BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

When I lost my job, I wondered if I was being railroaded into quitting.  It reminds me of  Tom Cruise's character in Edge of Tomorrow when he was too chicken to fight and then he gets railroaded into serving with the grunts who ARE willing to fight.  There are many moments in that movie when my mind turned to my own life to wonder if I should act against others.  

That is the definition of evil, to act against others.  There is a book in the Bible called Acts that pretty much defines what evil is yes?  

So thinking what you want is fine.  You wonder if such and such should be hung by the flagpole or tormented until his last days or maybe you wonder if he would be better off as a woman... that's all fine.  At the bar, you could time your clock to how many times people would show up to "play" at provoking you.  If it got boring, it was time to talk to your sister even though she was married or talk to her husband or stand too close to her or maybe bump your beer mug into a bandmember's wife's head.  

I once saw that happen and I was so distraught that I ran up to the bar manager's face and howled at him about it to which he promptly ignored me and said "it happens".  In retrospect, I probably didn't show him enough respect but frankly it never crossed my mind that I was doing anything to him.  I wanted someone thrown out and I perhaps went about it the wrong way.  

I wonder about what the "proper" way of "handling" it is sometimes.  But honestly all of these "lessons" remind me that no matter what people do to provoke you, the law is paramount.  Thoughts and accidents and one-time bumps or coughing are all legal ways to express your disrespect or general demeanor towards a person.  

But remember this, you are ALL protected by our laws. To ACT against others is illegal. Illegal things are WHY we have police and are WHY we all sleep safe at night knowing that we all share an understanding of community.  When something is illegal it is an attempt to define for everyone what evil is.  

I still don't see how bars are allowed to exist next to parking lots, mind you, but that's getting me sidetracked.  

At work, I was harassed over and over again.  I had to wonder at it often because it started with few people and then it turned into a horde.  Was it my friends at the nightclub that gave me a bad reputation with the good people?  Was it ACTUALLY my friends that wanted me gone from their nightclub since I wasn't buying drugs or scoring prostitutes?  Was it some old girlfriend with her own agenda about how I left her or how I left things?  Was it the government and their aliens that wanted me to leave the city knowing that it was time for me to put my considerable intellect to proper use?  Was it my brother and sister?  Did they finally have enough of me intruding into their lives even though for me it was their safety that I worried and worry about?  

That's the nature of witches.  Someone out there wants you to step down and if they attack you from godknowswhere, they can be at it all day and night and you are forced to simply wonder at a solution.  And what if I acted against one of those people I mentioned?  Well, then it's ME guessing who did something wrong while at the same time ACTING illegally, that is, they wrong me but it's ME that is evil.  

So time went by at work and I became more and more humble.  Squirming at my desk wishing they would stop would be the best way to describe what my existence was during that time as they continued to propogate hate and I was forced to wonder at what the cause was and who was doing it and how I could make it up to them for making them feel bad.  

It's sort of like a rape victim's syndrome where everyone knows she is evil but despite wanting to pick up a pitchfork and voodoo mask, she squirms, hoping there is some other way people will allow her to feel what she feels... without scaring them.  

I wondered often about ending their jobs.  Obviously, if I acted against them by reporting their behavior it would mean the end of their jobs and after putting up with it for a long time, I did report it once and their answer was to move the person to another team.  Later, he was promoted to a specialty team.  

What precedent do think that set, criminal behavior rewarded with promotion?  

I wondered if it was actually worth it to cost someone their job which was one of the best jobs in the city.  Literally all you did was answer people's questions and get paid for it.  You had medical insurance, dental insurance, two weeks paid days off that you could choose to use literally at any time because your job had so many people that they figured in people's willingness to use their days off.  You could even feel safe at work because you had security sitting there at the front door warding off anyone that might come to bother you at work.  And yet I wondered if REALLY I could do this, cost someone their job just because I couldn't put up with a little disrespect.  

Of course, sitting here now wondering about it, I wonder if they would have felt any regret if they heard that I quit.  It occurs to me now that even on that final day Human Resources was asking me to quit for some reason.  I figured it had to do with unemployment insurance and that they didn't want to have to pay it, but... it still puzzles me.  

Why did they need me to quit?