Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Your needs

BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

I was unable to watch Alex last night.  

I checked off of Twitter about 5:30pm sure that I would remember to hook up my TV for the show but... nope, nada, 5 hrs later I'm like OH YEAH... 

I have not hooked up cable again.  We had planned to get rid of it and so I disconnected it and then we bought some antenna to get the local stations and it turns out we live FAR away from downtown so that didn't work.  Eventually we went back to basic cable.  I'm not sure if we even get that channel now.  If she gets her own show I might check her out again.  

It's weird because now that I know she's married she doesn't seem to me to NEED the news anymore.  I mean most of the people that do the news are miserable people.  Single people.  We all know that they are missing a cog or two because they want the world to get better and to find evil and to expose corruption and finally get to the day when people don't need to watch the news... but that never happens.  At first it was like "oh good idea, Chris Hayes will do the news he's a friend of Rachel so he will be good" but after a while I realized that he's too happy to do the news.  He's got his wife and two children and works in DC(aka center of the world) and what could be grander than watching him talk about the bad people but he's a reminder of happiness and honestly I think people watch the news to hear bad things.  They want the people to be loose cogs or at least it's more interesting that way.  Erin Burnett is like that, sort of happy but unhappy.  Alex was like crazy animated before and now she seems more happy.   It's like getting laid is murder for your career.  Not because it IS, but because people want you to be interesting and married people aren't interesting.  

Rock stars are like this.  You hear that a rock star is married and there go the sales at concerts plummeting.  It's really quite the bane, imo.  Married rock stars, there's no REASON to go backstage and meet them, lol.  Just kidding of course, besides what do I know of rock stars, I've never been to a concert really, let alone backstage.  It just seems to me that married people are too happy to be prima donnas and even though noone likes a prima donna in their personal life, it's kinda what we want to see on TV.  Someone that needs attention.  

Rachel is a perfect example.  She's got that lesbian marriage going so it seems like she is happy but men are like, is she REALLY happy.  That mystery is there egging us on that maybe she might be holding out for true love and maybe she's just doing her college experiment for life?  I don't know.  But it's interesting to watch her and wonder at it.  SECupp was like this.  You wanted her to be single for life but of course that had to end and good for her, she settled, lol.  Must have been hard for her having to pick ONE guy and yet she looks happy I guess.  

Maybe that's not normal though.  Getting to know your newscasters is a bit like playing with REAL people in the holodeck on Star Trek TNG.  You remember Barclay?  He was this timid guy that used real people in the holodeck so that he could control them but in real life he was timid and afraid to hurt anyone's feelings.  That's me.  Oh I'm sure I am hurting people's feelings with this blog but these words are my personal notes, not something that I would tell someone.  

This brings us to Chris Matthews.  I never liked the guy.  What a moron.  Always so interposed and sure of himself.  Over time I realized that he really was a prima donna.  But you know what, and this goes for Lawrence too, he's great at his job.  I will sit there for a short while hoping he won't crash into someone and his take charge attitude and willingness to speak whenever he wants is really what drives the show.  One day he had his wife on the show and I saw it.  The reason he was the way he was.  He totally bows to his wife.  She is the pants in the house and what a relief to finally understand what his problem was and what it is that makes a great newscaster.  

You need to want to get laid.