Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Uchipu's picture finally!


BLM:73 WHM:54 SMN:36 THF:70 WAR:56 RNG:36

A lot of people have been wondering what Uchipu's pic would look like. Ema and Mith say they have seen Uchipu and say that she is hot. They also say they trio'd Guivre. I thought she mispelled and meant to say she tripped on Guivre. lol. Well here it is, Uchipu's pic. She looks like she is in shape too, but I think I got the cuter thighs. :)

She really does level pretty fast too. Her RDM just blew past my 2 jobs and if I am not mistaken she probably has her RDM up to like 50 by now. She uses her JP button which allows her to access JP players because she is Japanese. She won't admit it but her reputation probably helps her too. I don't think I keep getting invites to JP parties by accident and I think this works for her as well.

I haven't been to a JP party recently though. They have turned on the Bane of the BLM/SMN crystal on and now the world all knows that I am playing BLM/SMN and they are actively seeking to halt the spread of the turgid tumor. The other day I got an invite but he was JP and asked me to go to party but my Search comment said that I was leveling BLM/SMN so I explained I would be changing subs. He said, [White Mage} . I said, [I am not up to it] [White Mage]. He said, [Understood] [Good Bye]. ... Later on I checked on his party and he was doing a Manaburn party. What difference does it make if it's a Manaburn? /sigh

I guess I have done this all my life though. Look for things so impossible and perfect that I effectively excuse myself from having any fun. That's sort of like creating excuses for not looking for a better job I guess. I keep trying to change the world in my own way. I wonder if that's arrogance? Hope not.


I'm still gonna seek as BLM/SMN though. If I can't be stubborn in rl and can't be stubborn in the game, I guess I will just do what YOU guys wanna do!

2 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Uchipu said...

Hohito:

Here's my thoughts on /SMN as a BLM.

BLM, unlike anyother mage job, takes hate quite often. Even with good PLD tanks that can hold hate, an MB Thundaga III for 1300+ will get you hate.

As a result, Stoneskin, Blink from /WHM can spare the main healer, be it RDM or WHM or SMN from curing you. Push comes to shove, you can even Cure yourself.

Additionally, and extra ~na can make a big difference, let's say in Kuftal vs. Tigers.

Typically, you'll have two melees and a tank, then three mages. WHM will Paralyna the Tank. RDM will Paralyna Melee A. BLM can take Melee A if you are /WHM. (For this reason, even RDM/WHM is preferred over RDM/BLM)

If it's a BRD, don't expect him to Paralyna. Why? Because BRDs are constantly running back and forth, and to ask them to watch for Paralyna can be difficult. As a result, they themselves might be subject to the AOE Paralyze.

So if the refresh/debuff is a BRD, the only other person available reliably for a ~na is the BLM.

On issue with /SMN for manaburn, again, stoneskin can save your life. If the other BLMs must use their MP to Cure you, it can be the death of that BLM, due to hate or lack of MP (cuz he used it to cure you).

Obviously, Drain Cure will also work negatively for you, as this will only accumulate more hate on you as well.

Big Nuke - get hate - get hit - Drain - get hate - get hit - death.

The only time I have BLM/SMN is when I am doing three person Lebros Assault, and the PT is BLM x2 and a MNK. 2mp/tick from Black Cloak and /SMN does make a difference in this situation, where I know I am not going to get hit (rocks don't hit back) and I don't need to worry about stoneskin.

Although if I /SMN for Lebros, then I'd have to make sure I've got Prisms to help me past the bombs since no Invis....

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Hohito said...

I agree with you on those counts, Uchipu.

The more I have thought about it the more I realize that I may be setting a standard that is not welcome by most people, even though I can pull it off successfully.

I have decided to go back to seeking normally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home