Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Windy is in first place


BLM:71 WHM:54 SMN:36 THF:70 WAR:56 RNG:34

It was a beautiful day in Windurst, while I was there getting my arrows put into a quiver. I bought a mess of Beetle Arrow and Horn Arrow stacks, and in return for a carnation, an NPC will put each of those stacks into a quiver that can then be stacked into 12. The NPC is in Windurst now because Windurst is in first place in the Conquest Ranking. She always travels with that band of entertainers that lands in the country that places first after every ranking.

If you will look closely at the PC to the left of me in the picture, it's a player that's fishing but that still has a question mark on it's head. Hmmm. The mithra also has Fishing gloves and boots when I checked her later. Sounds kinda fishy dudn't it?

I did some farming Monday since I needed to rebuy some used up arrows and upgrade some gear. I made the mistake though of putting the stuff for sale in the outlying towns' Auction Houses(AH). Those AHs always stiff me with the funds man. If you ever want to put stuff for sale at the AHs in question, make sure you only put equipment for sale cuz man selling the stuff I farmed, is taking forever. I sold stuff over the weekend with no prob in Jeuno so I have learned I guess. I tend to overprice stuff though cuz you often get away with overpricing in the town AHs but then comes this, and you're left hanging for a couple of days which sucks.

Last night I leveled my Ranger again from 32 to 34. It was really a great party with BLM BLM RNG WAR WHM COR. At one point, with the Empress Band on, I pulled in 486 exp for one bat. It was unreal. We just poured in the exp. Despite my experience with pulling though I managed to aggro a set of Wingrats near the doors that I SO loath pulling from. I died. I still got plenty of exp though overall and the party didn't wipe once. Due to the death though I used up the last of my Windurst Salad and had to party for a while without food. It was slower and we still got 200+ exp per mob even after the band wore off but I felt sort of embarassed. I wish I would have at least had some Goblin Pies on me.

I broke down and bought Squid Sushi today at 30k a stack. I almost bought 2 stacks but I can't cuz I know I want to level BLM next and don't want to get stuck with extra food that's expensive. I am so wanting to get my BLM to 72 so he can wear the Errant gear which I still have to buy for him but which I have just enough money for. However, I don't wanna change my focus cuz then I get stuck hauling around arrows while I am leveling BLM.

I also bought the Nomad's Mantle. I had to spend 80k for it. There is no other cape that gives +AGI until the Commander's Cape at 73. It seemed to be a waste of gil though cuz with Sushi my RAcc is already covered and all I would be doing is practically making myself look good, but I did it anyway.

I also upgraded to the Shadow Bow shortbow. That thing has +8 Ranged Accuracy and +2 AGI so my troubles with missing during my weaponskill(ws) are over. The only prob is perhaps a lack of overall power that would come normal to a RNG using a longbow or a gun, but nah, I still see the mob turn my way if I overdo the strikes so I don't think I have gimped him with that shortbow. The Assasin's Bow, which I just stopped using, is of a similar brand. It has +3 RAcc and +2 AGI. It does far less dmg than the longbow but I don't care. Missing during a skillchain(sc) is just unforgivable imo. I would rather help the BLM do his job better than do better overall dmg as an individual. I still remember one time calling out a sc to a RNG using Dulling Arrow and he said it was crap. Well I just learned that it lowers INT. Hah! Could there be a better weaponskill?!

Tonight I plan to do an Assault Mission with Uchipu. I probably will take my THF/WAR but I wonder and would like to take THF/RNG but I dunno. I think I should save the specialty job combo for events that I am more familiar with. I tried taking BLM/SMN to an avatar run one time and found myself needing Sneak. Every time you take a BLM to a special event like Avatar runs, or NMs or some such, you end up curing. Usually because a real WHM is usually not a part of the party and if he is he has no backup. I will stick to regular combos for now. When I got my staging points with Fernanda and Inverno, we were like a perfect trio for aggro cuz with Inverno tanking(73 PLD) and miss Fe(73 THF) dealing dmg, all I had to do was Cure and Regen and throw in a couple of Fire IIs once in a while and we were out of harm's way in a jiffy. That wouldn't have worked out so nice though if I had subbed /SMN.

I saw Shanisasha and Skibum and Ema and Mith and Daft and Phantoma and Rewusrup and the whole lot working on besieged last night and talking. I would have gone but I was afk doing other stuff(playing Dreamfall) hoping my beastcoins would sell from my Bazaar. I was hoping stuff would sell from the AH too but THAT didn't happen either!

Cornnholio wants to get a Dynamis group together and it sounds intriguiing but if it's anything like camping the last Sky NM we did, I will have to find something else to do on my other TV while we do that, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home