Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Waking from a bad dream


BLM:72 WHM:54 SMN:36 THF:70 WAR:56 RNG:36

Well it's morning here in Jeuno and two very significant things have happened since two days ago:
1) Last night, I got my tail end handed to me by Diabolos Prime
2) This morning, I got my last whisper needed to trigger the Fenrir fight.

Diabolos uses a lot of Sleepga II and Nightmare. Now Nightmare seems to be more of an ability where Sleepga II is a spell. Attacking from a far off square makes it easy to just cure off the the melees if he throws out Sleepga II. But Nightmare not only sleeps the melees but sleeps everyone. After they are asleep, usu the tank dies cuz noone can cure him AND he stays asleep! Poison potions are also no use against Nightmare.

He also uses Cacodemon which is an AOE Curse spell. You remember how it limits your mp and lasts forever? He also uses Nether Blast much like you see people that have the avatar use it. He hits for like 200 or so to a 75 NIN, just as a regular hit.

Now I am not one to be pessimistic but from the way Diabolos was tossing his abilities this way and that, it seemed almost unlikely that a regular party setup could beat him. His "Nightmare" ability NEEDED to be stunned and it was very hard to do. We were using a NIN DRG RNG WHM BLM BLM. After the fight and basically not being able to Stun him successfully even once, someone in the linkshell told me that you had to "fresh" Stun him. Using a macro, which I had become accustomed to, was slower they said. The other BLM was also not able to stun him using his macro either. I didn't think it possible frankly and the one DRG who was lucky to be there imo, was the loudest to complain that we weren't stunning him.

After dying 4 times, he's lucky I didn't accept that invite from the other party that was already there.

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Fhlo said...

It is Very Easy to stun him with a Macro.. Me Rav.. adn Ski had no Problem stunning him when we did it.. First to even attempt Diablos.. you need! Poison Potions.. Holywater.. Hi-pots..ethers yag drinks.. and Perkis alLots the 15k ones.. because it Nulls Nightmare Bio 3 is 15hp a tick and the perkis cures 15hp a tick =P so tada!!! no death it is Always best that the tank drops down adn disbands and VOkes leaveing the rest on the top to Nuke lightly and Cure.. you cannot stun sleepga II its instant cast thas what the Poison is for.. someone is gonna draw hate.. so this would be my new idea to make everyone BUT the whm drop no big Cures only Cure 3 from all the mages and a Curga if nightmare happens

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Hohito said...

Good stuff Ema, thanks. I have been thinking a lot today about what we could have done better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home