Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

And now a look back


BLM:71 WHM:54 SMN:36 WAR:56 THF:70 RNG:32

A picture of Emagyen's rear end. No, stop that. I was just noticing that she had a nice set of pants is all and that's why I took this pic. :P It's funny but when I took this picture we were all four of us getting along pretty great. This is a picture taken in the Outer Horatoto Ruins, I think. Here's hopin.

I spent time farming to get enough gil to buy a lot of arrows. I also spent a lot of time getting my Wonder Mitts and Wonder Clomps to up my STR and HP. I like quivers. Quivers save me time from having to go back to town to get more arrows. The downside though is that the macro that I created to automatically equip a new stack of arrows does not work with quivers. I have to "use" a quiver to get it to become normal so that I can equip it. That takes time.

Goblin Smithys are tough. And what they drop is crap. If they dropped something like a stackable Goblin Mask or something, I would farm the crap out of them, cuz I hate em. I used to make a trip to Kazham every so often just to kick some Smithy butt every once in a while, well now I am going to have to renew that devotion.

I died 3 times yesterday due to Gobs. The first time was admittedly my fault. I was about to pull a Goblin Pathfinder because we were getting very low exp due to this buggard 33rd level guy that wouldn't leave, so I pulled the Goblin's Bee. Well I must have been distracted or annoyed or something because I pulled the Bee right in front of a Yhoater Wasp. What was I thinking? Well then I died. Later, I was about to pull another Mandy and a Goblin Butcher does a 180 and turns to aggro me and then I pull it to camp and the WAR is slow to voke it so I die. Later on I try to beat this guy back to Kazham so that I could bring my WHM back to camp to raise our WHM and I go the wrong way, use up my Camouflage and, due to no Prism Powder I catch aggro and die from a Smithy. For like 3 months I carried Powders and never used them and today, this.

I have decided to use the Assassin's Bow. It is a shortbow designed for RNG only. I was using a Power Bow +1 longbow, and that gave a pretty mean whack at the mob at a time. The longbow has a long delay which probably means that I would save on arrows if I switched, but no. I need the accuracy. Since I have to sub /WAR, I don't get the benefit of dual wielding Archer's Knives like I would if I sub /NIN. Archer's Knives give +10 Ranged Accuracy so 2 of them is excellent, but it's only available if you can dual wield. Due to this lack of Ranged Accuracy I am doubting that I will ever use guns or crossbows. The Shortbow gives a bonus to AGI and to Ranged Acc. and I am going to need it since I have to decided to forego the Noct Gaiters and Gauntlets in exchange for +5 STR of the RSE gear. Using Squid Sushi, which I plan to start using soon, should fill in the rest of the need I have for Ranged Accuracy. For now, the Windurst Salad, which ups AGI +5, is doing the job just fine. I think I may stop using Goblin Pies altogether but I don't know yet.

Since I have made it to level 32, I can now get out of Yhoater Jungle. I expect to party in Garlaige Citadel the next time I get together with some people to party and I am expecting big things from my pointy arrows against the bats. I know exactly where all those pop spots are for the bats in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home