Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

BLM nighttime


BLM:75 WHM:54 SMN:41 THF:70 WAR:56 RNG:36

Nighttime for my BLM. There are new spells to get for him and, if I get a new AM spell for him, it will be Freeze II.

He is done killing Diabolos the old easy way due to the new updates and that means no Fenrir stone either. Square Enix(SE) has rigged the BLMs ability so that if several spells are cast on notorious monsters(NM), the monsters will begin to resist spells. Previously I thought this meant an end to Manaburn but it doesn't mean that really.

I got my Insomnia Earring and it goes along great with the rest of my BLM gear. I still don't have my Moldy though. Hmmm. I'm starting to think maybe I should really have it by now. I don't miss it though. Anytime I feel I am lacking in skill I just have to party with another job and check out the BLM on duty and realize how inferior a lot of BLMs are. They take damage a lot; are frequently out of MP; and "can you count on them to save chain 5?" Pfft! You might as well ask the RDM to nuke. The little MAB plus 5 ain't saving a lot of BLMs abilities in a party too often. That's why I laugh to myself so often when people start to make fun of others. It's usually them that are the stupid ones. You see it's easy to go to the forums and check out what everybody is saying about gear and stuff but put you, Mr. PLD who reads BLM forums, in a situation where you gotta save the exp chain and you are gonna be saying, "The monsters are too tough to chain cuz our BLM has a Moldy".

/laugh

I have been leveling SMN lately and sadly, that means my focus on BLMing is going to wane. Every time I change a job I forget all sorts of stuff like Stun and Drain and Elemental Seal etc. One time I was doing a ZM mission with Uchipu and she actually had to ask me what happened to my MB. Well you can guess what happened. I was in the middle of a Cure spell. That was one time she was all about BLMs NOT curing. It kind of sucks to have to play more than one job.

I had a good time with Assault on Monday with Kirbyprime. He put together a good group to get get the Excavation Duty and the Leujoem Cleansing quests done. We didn't succeed at Excavation Duty but we did win the second one. We had only 5 people though. I need to get my Mamool Ja Staging Point done.

I am finally finished the dull but visually pleasing game Condemned: Criminal Origins. It is VERY pretty to look at but is very slow and tedious. It's perhaps TOO much like real detective work. But on the bright side now I can read the manual for it that I wasted my money on and it is probably sure to put me to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home