Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Deluxe Package


BLM:75 WHM:54 SMN:41 THF:70 WAR:56 RNG:36

I spent yesterday doing not much of anything in Qufim Island. I decided to go kill some bats. So I come across a NM weapon there and ask ls if anyone wants to help kill. Cornnholio says "Meh I'm bored, I will come." Good deal. But at that point someone else got the pull and so I noticed in chat that Corn had bought back a lot of his mage gear including a weskit which as we all know(isn't everyone a BLM?) is tumbling in price lately.

So I decided to put his efforts to good use and I ask him to help me farm items for the Uggalepih Pendant. A previous entry deals with the items needed and like many things, the more people you get interested in some item or quest or whatever, the more help you can count on showing up to kill the NM for it. So we head out and have a good time in Pso'Xja killing Tonberry Stalkers for the Magnolia Lumber there. We get two.

I ask him if he wants to try to get item number two, the White Steel. That item drops in the Temple of Uggalepih. It drops from Tonberry Stabbers. He says cool but he is going to go afk. So I go take a shower and come back and meet up with him at the outpost in Elshimo Uplands. I overhear Corn talking in the ls and it sounds like one guy is thinking of coming out and getting his BLU ability from a mob there. Then the guy's boyfriend offers to come help him since he is online anyway and says he owns Ireland, I mean the Temple of Uggalepih, so Corn says cool, come on down.

Well it was fun but this guy is REALLY high-strung, this boyfriend. He doesn't stop and though the printout I have of where the Stabbers are located gives positions, it doesn't give which map you are on. So it takes a while. Finally we find the map we are supposed to be on and Corn goes one way while Mr. boyfriend goes the other and makes it out. So in the temple Corn gets aggro and almost dies but casts Escape and gets out. Fine. Then he decides to quit but I say we go get him and this guy, let's call him Gringo, says forget him. It's bad enough to get left behind by someone who is supposed to help him but then he berates him for catching aggro,(even Uchipu catches aggro), gives him a nickname he didn't ask for (corny), and refuses to help even tho it's obvious that he should help.

No problem.

We stay in a party. I tell Corn to just use invis and while company gets in and out of my house and while I eat lunch, Corn makes it to the area. This entire time Corn makes no ill-statement to Gringo and it seems like things have settled down after the "aggro-incident". Well then, in ls chat, it sounds like there is going to be a ZM going on soon and Kirbyprime is rather intent on getting things organized so he asks when we should be done. Corn gives the details and blurts out that we need White Steel. Gringo is a little miffed by that. You are holding up our (curseword) event for a (curseword) 80k item. "I will give you the cash!"

I was would have been happier for a Fist Sandwich. (He would have been too.) At this point, it is rather obvious to me that the badgering is going to continue.

Well that was the end of that. Corn says here you go, gives me the cash and scoots off to go help his ls buds. About another hour passed before everyone actually got together btw. Good news is they won.

Yay.

At this point I am looking through the AH and can't find the item so I ask and they tell me to look in Batallia Downs. I didn't find it there either. w/e

I had to leave last night though cuz I wanted to visit my brother-in-law's band who was playing at the bar and visit my brother and his new gf who were gonna make an appearance. So that's the last I heard of Corn yesterday. I was in good spirits. I hadn't been doin much with the ls lately cuz I have been trying to figure my life out really. I can't just keep playing FFXI with no gf. Not healthy. But I can't workout and do things at night if I constantly attend ls activities, which I like to do.

Conundrum.

Well today problem solved! Corn was in a pt last night with the Gringo who was badgering him in the afternoon and after much hooplah he kicked him from the pt and later after more badgering kicked him from the ls.

Now I know Cornnholio from the ls. He has a wife, several kids, a house and job and lots to do that keep him active. It's very easy to take one of these runts too seriously and this time he did. He was completely upbeat about it and knew he would have to face Uchipu and thought he made the right decision. I tried to keep an even face about it and from my experience I knew Mr Gringo was having WAYY too much fun at "Corny's" expense and that if it had been Uchipu directly taking the heat, he would have gotten the "deluxe package" boot including blist and mention in the blog.

But, I knew what Uchipu would do. I am not gonna mention it here cuz that just gives Mr. Gringo something to brag about. I am not even gonna name him.

I hope this passes like everything else but, at least this time, I'm not gonna work myself up in a knot over it.

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Hohito said...

On second thought I will name him, Hikigaeru is the boyfriend and Segomo is teh "Peggy".

See if Mistress was here, with her sack, we wouldn't have to have nice people doing this crap.

SHE could and would do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home