Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Party time with BLM


BLM:75 WHM:54 SMN:41 THF:70 WAR:56 RNG:36

I got invited by Dealba to party in a normal party setup. I was BLM/SMN but after examining the group, I saw that he had himself and a WHM/SMN for healers. He had subbed BLM but I still thought that I would have been more efficient with /SMN. Nevertheless, I didn't want to undermine his party and face some possible adversity from fools so I subbed WHM.

We took chocobos. It was strange getting out there because the Astral Candy was not in residence. We were forced to go to the Mamool Ja area and hike it to the Bhaflau Thickets were we fought Sea Puks and Philosphers and Blusterers I think. We took a camp next to the zone but stayed just shy of it so that mobs could pop on both sides of us. It was a good camp. We started doing pretty good exp for a while but then suddenly our WHM was forced to leave lickety split. Well it was then that I realized it was lucky that I subbed WHM cuz we continued to party with 5 until we got us another WHM. I didn't have to do too much since Dealba was healing and we were using a NIN.

Our WHM finally arrived and though he was 75, he seemed to like to let the tanks HP drop real low. I am not a fan of Slow and Banish and other offensive whatnot antics so that the WHM can cast Cure V and get us all to go "ah". I backed him up once and he just cast his Cure V on top of my Cure III and I got irritated. I don't like to heal as BLM and esp not if we have a WHM. It's just a waste of MP that I already don't have enough of. I would use up my MP on all Thundaga III MBs if I had enough mp. Switching from that to Thunder IV is usu like a 300 difference in damage. As BLM I am the main damage dealer. I don't like to cure but I don't mind going defensive with a Divine Seal + Curaga if we are in trouble. I DO mind going defensive on every other mob!

Later on, the WHM lets the NINs hp drop to orange for like the Nth time and I ignore it this time since I just finished my MB and was planning to, guess what... ya nuke it to zero. Instead, as it turns out the Philosopher(BLM type Mamool Ja) had cast Sleepga and WHM was asleep. Well we all got upset at that but it happened just like that fast and we wouldn't have had a problem if WHM kept the tank healed well.

The tank died.

We started pointing fingers and I made my apologies after checking the log to see what happened. We had trouble another time and some ppl died when this time the BLM type Sleepga'd us and we weren't able to cast Silence on it in time. Still another time we lost the tank when the BLM type cast Poisonga, which wipes out shadows, and then cast Thundaga III and then did a special move immediately after that. It was done right at the start of battle. I had to focus out of my usual Frost > Stun > Drain pattern and find out why everyone was in the red and found that I had used Stun right after the BLM had cast Poisonga.

It was good fun though. I spent all afternoon partying old school, casting Frost at start and then using Stun usually after NINs first 3 shadows were used up and then casting Drain and Aspir with my Dark Staff still equipped to enhance the ability of those Dark based spells. I had to say I got a lot of skillups in Dark to boot. My Dark skill is nearing its max now. Too bad my Enfeeble skill is such crap. I try to Sleep II a mob, even with my Dark Staff equipped, and it still gets resisted. It usually works if I use Elemental Seal though.

I got two merit points that afternoon. I am tempted to get one more and get my Freeze II spell, but I also would like to up the damage on my Ice spells. As you all probably know by now, BLMs have a huge advantage if they are allowed to MB with Ice. It would be nice to MB for like ungodly dmg.

Sorcerer's Ring + Uggalepih Pendant + Ice ability merits - Huh?! OMGWTFmhc(mile high club)

2 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Blogger Fhlo said...

I've yet to see the dmg Freeze II does, but Ema has Burst and Flare II, both rarely do dmg under 1500....Those two also happen to look more flashy too ;) Freeze II looks way too much like Blizzaga III to me. =/ Give us those dmg numbers though once you unlock Freeze II. :D

~Mith

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Hohito said...

Cool, I sure will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home