Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

High level problems


BLM:75 WHM:57 SMN:41 THF:71 WAR:56 RNG:36

This is another day at the ole Mount Zhayolm camp getting merits. I kind of like getting merits and recently spent one merit on my Ice-related spells. It was nice to see the damage go up. My next upgrade in that abiliity will cost me 2 merits and now I only have one merit left so I gotta go back out and do a merit party soon. I also have to get that Freeze II spell, but that costs 3 merits. It might be a while I guess.

I have begun to level WHM again and THF. WHM is a great deal of fun and I had forgotton how spastic I could be in casting spells in a party. If I am really crazy I can get all sorts of stuff done. It really is very engrossing. I take my WHM/SMN. Unlike BLM/SMN, I get no resistance whatsoever from parties for having my /SMN sub. And I think it is a great boon to have Aerial Armor available to you. It lasts a very long time so using it once and having it on til the end of chain 5, or longer, is not uncommon. I use Crow Gaiters. This is perhaps the single most useful piece of equipment I have. It adds enmity -4. With BLM I used my Healer's Earring with /WHM to give me enmity -1 and I really could tell the difference. Well, enmity -4 is HUGE. Together with my usual pattern of casting of low level Cure spells, I am able to throw out even Curaga II sometimes and still not catch aggro. But when I do, I can count on my 3 shadows from Garuda to eat that stuff up. It's funny talking like I know what I am doing as WHM again but I was a real goofball when I started back up again. I would be casting Regen and curing like a fool and not even using Erase or Na spells. Now, I totally don't even look away from the chat log and health bars. I guess that's the real test of a good WHM. :)

I leveled THF again too. I am afraid to say this but guys, THF/RNG gets TP faster. I was THF/RNG in a party and was using my usual Squid Sushi as support, and I was keeping up with the MNK in TP. That never used to happen. Later on however, we got a link and we lost some people and I remembered that as /WAR I would be able to voke off the second mob and kite it using Flee for a while so I told them that I would change back to /WAR. I was starting to get TP slower also and I thought meh, I am letting down the party again with my crazy ideas.

Well then the reality of THF/RNG hit me. While some people became unweakened and we changed a member, I went and got my /WAR. I started getting TP very slowly and I realized that my food just ran out. So I used my food and then, even with Haste, the MNK would hit 100% while I was at 75%. Over and over again this happened. It was just true. THF/RNG gets tp faster and that's what you use your melees for in a pt. For links, I plan to use Sleep Bolts and and emergency equip macro. Sleep Bolts get the job done if you can hit the mob, and my Marksmanship and Archery, at 71, are close to max.

Yesterday, I was in a TP burn party and we were just going full-tilt ws after ws and I was able to TA + Dancing Edge and than SA + Shark Bite like mad and, using Flee + Sharpshot + Barrage, now that I know how to use it(thanks Ema), I was able to hit the mob for like 107 and then hit him again and then hit him once more as the tank voked, and I would earn bonus TP from that.

I don't wanna get rid of my Lust Dagger however. It's better than the Garuda Dagger I am afraid to say, and I expect upgrading to whatever higher damage dagger will definitely have it's impact on my ability to smack the mob during the pull.

Since I'm broke though, I guess I don't have to worry too much about the "problems" of upgrading my dagger, lol.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Fhlo said...

I don't usually see THF/RNG around. Trying to keep up with another jobs TP gain shouldn't be your main goal in EXP though. /WAR stands as my favorite because of the massive dmg you can pull off with Berserk+SATA, and the attack bonuses from /WAR. /NIN I see as a bandwagon SJ choice..shadows are nice for pulls and the offhand stats can help keep your dmg high. But triple attack trait with /WAR, and still using bolts here and there if your skill is capped should do you just fine. I wouldn't sacrifice good dmg just to gain TP a lil faster, that's just me though. Play THF how you want Hoh^^ I wouldn't mind EXPing with your THF sometime. ^^

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Hohito said...

Thanks, Mith. See ya round soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home