Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Whew, finally, a new day


BLM:75 WHM:55 SMN:41 THF:70 WAR:56 RNG:36

I have been thinking of the linkshell lately and it really is not so bad since I have begun to lay low. I have a lot less energy in general lately anyway. I have begun to level my WHM at least to 56 so I can use my Raise II if I feel like it. I probably won't feel like it often.

I was just about to start my own party as a WHM/SMN and I get an invite from a level 52 guy even though Im level 55. He is a NIN. I tell him whoa you are 52, he says it's ok but I tell him No thanks. I felt weird turning down a pt invite but I realized that for my WHM I better make the parties. Soon after that though after looking through a list of people to invite, I get another [Invite to party]. I am so lazy that I say ok why not. Well, he was a DRK and had another DRK and a SAM. I am thinking to myself, well one of em is gotta be main DD. (I would rather have a BLM or RNG but w/e) Usually in these cases I will Haste only the tank and the main DD. If we have a PLD I may try just Hasting the main DD and then if manageable, esp after I get a pattern of healing, I will Haste the two melee instead to help with the skillchain. If we have a RDM, he can help with Haste. He said he had an RDM on the way so it sounded like it would work.

But all my aspirations went to squat after that. He invited a WAR/NIN. I advised him that he could tank if he had his af and he did and he said ok to that but then the leader said he couldn't wait for Beseiged to be over for RDM and he invited a MNK(Monk). That makes the party content a WHM(me), WAR(Warrior), DRK(Dark Knight), DRK, SAM(Samurai), MNK.

Most of you are like "ew!" about now. It gets worse.

He asks me to pick a camp since I am Rank 10 and I suggest Uleguerand Range. I had printouts of that area from Campsitarus.com and had just used Teleport-Vahzl and Sneak and Invis to go scout the region and it was perfect for my party that I was gonna build that I let someone else make for me. I hate that. I make all the preparations and never follow through. Story of my life.

But he says nah let's just go to The Boyhada Tree and kill spiders. Can someone say "sickle slash"? Heh, knew you could...

And the nightmare begins...

One guy accidentally jumps off his chocobo in the middle of Meriphataud Mountains and has to warp back and start over. We get to camp and someone hastily pulls the spider over and the spider proceeds to sickle slash the WAR to death. I was busy with Haste and Regen and Paralyze and was used to using Cure II with Regen to keep the tank going. I lost the healing battle. I raise him and tell him we are gonna get his exp back and that I could focus much more on only healing. So we start and this time it begins to go good. The spider likes to throw out aoe slow so that makes my life more easy since Haste on the tank is not so important now if I can just throw out an Erase on the tank for the same effect. The real problem is healing for Sickle Slash. Paralyze works really well and it is sticking very easy on these mobs, esp with the MND+4 Roast Mushrooms that I used. But throwing out any extra spells is close to impossible with the tanks hp going south like they were. He was using an Empress Hairpin. I told him he should not use it but he insisted. There are some major reasons for not using it though. Your most Armor-intensive equipment is your Cuirass and your Helmet. I tested this for my WAR when I was using my WAR/WHM when I wanted him to tank. I wanted to have the most armor possible and still have my other equipment enhance my attributes even if they were of much lower level. Your helmet is not something you wanna give up as a tank for some DEX and evasion bonus.

He didn't listen. But he seemed to be having a good time with it and I was able to keep him alive from then on. Except for once when they pulled 3 spiders. I told them I have carby to pull but only after they had already made the blunder.

The guy who made the party said that he had to work in an hour and everyone wanted to stay and continue this "mess" but I was not willing to stay too much longer. I told them I would tele them when the leader left and they all eventually sed ok. I decided it was a good night for karaoke, even though I don't go out on Mondays.

If you are ever in The Boyhada Tree and think about getting replacements, think like 30 min ahead of time. It takes a long time to get there.

2 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Paul Bauman said...

It doesn't take that long... if you have a map.

But um, yikes on the solo WAR/NIN tank. He would have been better served with as much AF on as possible... and a shadow partner. Forget EVA/AGI on a WAR; it just doesn't work.

I'm surprised the party went as well as it did, thanks to your efforts.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Uchipu said...

WAR DRK DRK MNK SAM WHM

......you are so gonna make me say it - NA{Party}{No Thanks} LOL

What a coincidence because I just read a fun thread about "When you're a mage in NA PT..." thread on a Japanese bullentin boards.

One of the reply was:

"After accepting an invite you realize you're the only one with MP" (SMN 52)

the other one was

"You find that your tank is 5 levels lower than you" (BLM69)

WAR/NIN tank will work if you have another WAR/NIN and at least one more, preferbably two more mages.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home