Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A new Burning Circle


BLM:75 WHM:57 SMN:41 THF:71 WAR:56 RNG:36

The only BCNM that I like to participate in is The Worm's Turn BCNM40 cuz we tend to win it more often. This is me and my fancifulness breaking down to melee mode against the last worm.

I recently did a KS30 with Uchipu and friends at Balga's Dais and had some great success in it. We lost our first one due to several blunders by several people, but we then won the next five. I don't like to point the blame so I won't mention too much here. The fight was called Season's Greetings. It has 4 trees: a MNK, a NIN, a DRK, and a WHM. We went in with 3 BLMs(Uchipu, Ema, and me), a BRD(Shallowdeep), a RDM(Dealba), and a NIN(Mith). The BRD was the sleeper while the NIN was there to tank the second mob(the NIN) after we blasted the first one(the MNK) to zero with bomb and sleep tactics.

The first fight went badly and even with a couple of blunders, we almost recovered and won but once one thing goes wrong, we are bound to have more things go awry. Our leader for one decided to maybe abort the mission. This after a Sleep is missed and the tree goes after her and kills her. We were all of us left wondering if we still could pull it out. We almost did. But at a crucial moment Ema called out a time to drop a blast and I missed the message. I really do have not enough filters on text. I was looking for a message to kill but while reading other stuff whirling by I suddenly see them both start to nuke and I rush to get my spell off, knowing that I had missed the message.

Believe it or not this happens in a pt to people often. In the midst of several effects going off and messages whirling by, people miss their part in the skillchain.

The danged thing gets hit by 2 blasts and my blast is only like 4 seconds slow but just then it decides to do a Leafstorm move that put me and Uchipu on the pavement. My third hit never made it. She was yelling from the pavement already for me to pay attention. Try to imagine two tarus facing each other, dead, and one taru yelling at the other one. :P

Even so, we raise using RR that Uchipu told us to bring and try to keep going, but then we learned another lesson about Frost and Sleep. Ya they don't go together. I am not sure why this so wrong to do to the monster Mith was tanking but they tried to sleep it and couldn't and leader sed to just haul butt so we did. This was the first fight so I don't remember specifically what was going on, this might have been the third or fourth mob.

The bad thing about yelling your head off is that noone likes it. After the fight, Uchipu went off like a JP mom at a Sushi restaurant that finds out they are serving her whole family dogmeat. Her statements were all true statements of course. Plus, she didn't insult us so I respected the way she handled it. I would have expected Ema to be yelling actually but I know from what she sed earlier that day that she was feeling no pain.

The good thing though was that we were flawless during the next 5 fights. We were like a machine really. It was hard to believe that something so simple could have gotten so out of control. We collected our treasure and made a good bit of money. We didn't use own orb own drops but used items over 100k split. It was good money and noone got screwed out of their orb. It was a great 3 hours spent.

This is why Uchipu rules.

I need to find out where they get these printouts of these fights. I probably ought to break out a binder and create a FFXI kit. I have so many printouts all over the place, it's a wonder I don't have paper mites.

/em readies Three-Hole Punch.
/em uses Three-Hole Punch.

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Uchipu said...

The Trees are DRK, WHM, MNK and NIN, not BLM.

The one Mith was soloing was the NIN type, and all NIN NMs (like Dynamis) it two hours with Mijin Gakure. Unlike lolnin Mijin, the NM Mijin actually do significant damage, and it's a really bad AOE.

To avoid this, you sleep it when it's HP gets past 1/4 - as that's the prime time when it 2 hours. (All NMs are like this with the exception of few, so do remember this ^^)

Once it's asleep, you go all out to "push" it to death.

So in our case, Mith was to work it to 1/4, Shallow sleeps it, and then Ema, you and me Thundaga III.

This prevents it from Mijin Gakure, and no harm is done.

But if it weren't asleep, there is a HIGH chance that it will Mijin.

Additionally, at that point, all 3 of us BLMs had died and our MP was too low to push it over with Thundaga III.

So we REALLY needed it to sleep, so we could buy time to recoup MP.

Mith had died in the process also...making it impossible for us to kite or tank, if it couldn't be slept.

Hence I decided to abort. I was without reraise due to low MP, and couldn't afford to wipe.

But we did well. All the goodies sold, so I'll be looking for you for your share!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Hohito said...

Thanks for explaining it. It really was a lot of fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home