Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Aggro culture is for the moths


BLM:75 WHM:58 SMN:42 THF:74 WAR:56 RNG:43

As a noob, newbie, or new boob, you often find that you stand out entirely TOO much in a crowd. This is especially true when you go into new areas. Areas like Mount Zhayolm here for instance have all their own particular stuff that will aggro you as opposed to other areas like Caederva Mire.

In Mount Zhayolm, most manaburn parties like to come out here to the pudding camp and manaburn. You have to use the staging point to jump to the Halvung Staging Point/Lebros Cavern/Mt Zhayolm area. People will think you're stupid for not knowing where you're going despite the 3 names this area has. I figured in time I would learn them but I still often find myself asking "Which staging point?" Of course a smart ass will be like let's pt in Halvung, just to find out who the newbies are and secretly take pleasure in having belittled someone today. I like to go right out and aggro something when this happens.

If you ever talk to customers on the phone and wonder how come the customer's IQ dropped suddenly, it's for this reason. People that are asking questions aren't asking to be poked, they're asking for help. But it is within the power of one person in a communication to make the experience for the other person very difficult. When someone is ugly to you, the best thing you can do is spread that "love" around.

Anyways, back to the topic. When you warp over to Mount Zhayolm, the first thing you will need is Invisible since the clusters detect by sight(aggro sight). Then you will need someone to get you the key to the gates of Halvung. Uchipu had a very nice piece of work explaining in detail how to get your Map and key to this area in our old ls website but somehow I have managed to screw up the quest. I click the door and it says it has a very large keyhole and now I click the ??? and I don't get the cast metal plate for some reason.

I hate going to new ls websites. I hate change. I hate new this and new that. I like old. Some people like to make new friends. Some people would rather go through tough times with the same old people. Which is better?

After you get through the gate the next thing you will aggro are more clusters(bomb type mobs) . The flies don't aggro and the trolls aggro sight also. The puddings aggro sound or detect by sound. Aggro means they will come after you if you are close. Some creatures detect by sound but don't aggro but that's just confusing so I won't get into how to undo your hate.

But there are always new things to find out. We found that out here 2 days ago. There is another camp I like to call the wamoura/dragon camp. You can manaburn there and the exp per mob is higher but you can't chain for as long there without refresh. I personally like fighting the dragons cuz it gives me that feeling that "hey, Im killing dragons, Im 75, look at me!" I'm so vain sometimes. Don't discount that vanity stuff either. People that are great at what they do often pat themselves on the back and brag and so forth. It's impossible to go all out and not wanna look at yourself after your achievement. People that go ding for example, wtf? Was that like hard to do? I dunno... it is a good way to chat with your ls buds tho so it's cool. I guess it's kind of like "cheers!" I wish there was a 2 letter word for congrats tho. Heh, I'm so lazy sometimes. But I like everyone.

OH ya, getting back to what we were gonna find out, we go out to that camp and it was taken too, so people start following the leader who is sneak invising blah blah. You don't need to sneak there. The dragons detect by sight and the wamoura princes don't aggro. What people don't realize is that the Wamouras, aka moth-type mobs, aggro true sight. That means invis won't work. Well while everyone is walking around, one girl aggros a moth and then I stun it and tell everyone we got aggro and before you know it I have 3 of em on me. I'm so kind.

Oh btw, manaburn death equals rb1. Ouch. It's lucky I was close to max on exp cuz man I have taken a big chunk off of there in the past weeks. But I never die in manaburn only when we aggro stuff. I don't aggro NOTHING hardly nowadays since I know what everything detects. Having a THF job helps with that too cuz you gotta know what aggros if you are gonna run around out there and pull stuff for the party.

We finally got the party going and it was really good exp. We stayed in a nearby wamoura prince camp and later we went back to the pudding camp and stayed there most of the afternoon. I got my 2 merits I needed and now I have a total of 3 Ice ability raises. My Freeze II is now doing 1400 or so dmg. Some people ask me hey man ain't it about time you got your weskit?

Hah, for 600k I get a little more MAB or I could get my Martial Knife for THF. Trying to think do I want a weskit? I know, I want YOUR weskit!

/em pulls <>'s Weskit off.

1 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Blogger Fhlo said...

get a weskit lol not for the MBA but for the conserver MP+5... in sky yesterday mine kicked in and a Flare II only cost me 125MP so there worth it =) 600k is just 6 HQ eft skins =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home