Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I'm all precise to da point..


BLM:75 WHM:57 SMN:41 THF:73 WAR:56 RNG:43

As a BLM you have to focus your ability to solo as much as possible so that you aren't at a loss as to what to do when others are in trouble. Obviously, if you're a BLM, you know that this involves using Sleep and Bind. Your Dark Staff allows spells aligned to Dark Magic to be cast more effectively. This, this includes Warp. I always like to make sure Warp goes off without a hitch so I switch to my Dark Staff so if someone asks for a D2 you can see I'm in the middle of something and don't wanna be bothered to help your puny worthless little non-party... scratch.

Ahem, as I said Dark Magic spells are helped by using a Dark Staff. These include Sleep, Stun, Blind and, Drain and Aspir. Switching to your Ice Staff helps you cast Bind and Paralyze and Frost more effectively. Obviously your enfeebling skill is going to help with landing said spells but then how long they last is helped by the hidden MAB held by the staves.

Here I decided to go check out the bird camp in Lufaise Meadows. I started soloing against the saplings nearby and practiced sleeping and then nuking and then binding and then nuking, etc. It's good practice cuz now I am used to using the following pattern:

Ice Staff > Bind > Blizzard > Blizzga > Dark Staff > Drain > Sleep > Rest MP

Just repeat that process over and over and it should be easy to kill off most mobs that are killable. I would like to say that I tried killing East Prey mobs with those tactics, but no, my Sleep doesn't land that often. My Enfeebling Skill is seriously underleveled though my Dark and Elemental skills are at max.

Thank god for Elemental Seal, heh. I have a macro with ES + Sleep II. It rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home