Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

At the fish camp

BLM:75 WHM:69 SMN:44 THF:75 WAR:61 RNG:44

I'm slowly getting my next level as WHM.


We had a party yesterday that encompassed a BST, THF x2, PLD, COR and me, a WHM/SMN. We were thinking about going out to Caederva Mire but that place is alwyas so packed now it isn't funny. People can party there at level 68 and can still successfully merit there with the quick kills at 75, so it's no wonder. The monsters in the new areas pop back up faster then in the older areas like Bibiki Bay or The Boyhada Tree, so that's another reason people aren't in Bibiki Bay like they used to be.

Well we decided to go to Bibiki Bay and party against the Hobgoblin Anglers. This was not a bad idea I thought since they take a long time to kill and if noone else is there there are plenty of them.

But it didn't go too well. With me being the only healer, I ran out of MP at about the 4th mob. My stats in MND arent bad at all considering I have 1200mp but that was not useful to note when I was out of mp and people had to wait for the whole thing to charge back up from almost zero. We couldn't even do chain 5 until I got rid of Haste. It was a real learning process for me.

That's when I came to the realization, COR is not refresh. The one roll gives single refresh and the other roll gives healMP + which only works when you are resting. That's ok if you as WHM rest a lot, but I don't like to, especially when I am using a Haste cycle and Regen.

I had my phone filter overheat like I have mentioned in the past and I was forced off the internet while it cooled off. This means that I could not log back in for like 5 minutes and explain why I dc'd.

It was ok though cuz I eventually was able to come back and at least tell one person.

I hate to say this but I think even though we got like 230+ exp per mob, that the party lineup was not a good one. It's just me.