Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

How now fat cow?

BLM:75 WHM:71 SMN:44 THF:75 WAR:61 RNG:44

Guide to playing Dynamis as BLM/WHM.


This is what you do when you are having fun in Dynamis and enjoying yourself killing stuff. As BLM/WHM you are hopelessly outgunned by the BLM/RDMs. They leave you sitting there looking like a full blown WHM with nothing to do, surrounded by a bunch of badasses.


But Stun is the key. Saving your BLMs who are half going after something else, half out of MP, and halfway through their next spell cuz they already used Stun, is what they will thank you for. Even more useful is to land that first spell against the one statue that noone has hit yet. You can run like everyone else and you can rest assured that they will follow you up with some hits of their own.


Since you can't play an active role in killing off statues unless there are like more than 2 of them, most of the time I spend nuking the melee mobs. I only use Blizzard 2 or 3. Blizzard IV usually lands the monster in your face and causes everyone in Dynamis (48 people) to follow you around as you try to avoid getting killed off. The leaders tend to have harsh thoughts about people that do this. Most of the time the monster is just dead before you get that spell off anyway cuz it takes so long to cast, so stick with Bliz 2 or 3.


There is some guide to hitting the right statues depending on what eyes they have. The ones with the Green eyes drop full MP blast so they want you to hit those and kill them off at the center of the melees. The ones with Blue eyes give full HP blast and they want those killed there too. Meh, ask me why and there are many possible reasons. Ask some jerk why, and you will get treated like you are slow or something. It's best not to ask jerks questions. Besides, do you really want to be educated by a jerk?


That reminds me of the call center. So many times I speak to Spanish people and they need stuff repeated. I wonder if it is in our nature to ask stuff twice? I used to find myself always making sure I understood stuff by repeating the question, but now as jaded as I am with my job, I get impatient when I get asked for the balance more than once. I can't help but wonder if there is a culture clash going on there. Maybe I am a part of it?


Well, only one more level till I can wear my uber-head gear AF2. It's actually the only piece I am going to want for WHM from Dynamis. I would really LOVE to have some Herald's Gaiters, but thats like wishing a fat cow would cook itself for you.


Hmm, time for work, I guess I'm lucky.