Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Losin' in

BLM:75 WHM:69 SMN:44 THF:75 WAR:61 RNG:44

I am now in Costa Rica. I had a safe flight but it has become something of an ordeal now having to wait till I return to the US to find my job in jeopardy. I expect perhaps this vacation before being fired is for the best. Still, since I have been in this situation before, I expect to make it through it. On the other hand, like with Uchipu's linkshell breaking, I expect it will be the "really" last time eventually. I need to plan for what I am going to do next and perhaps this trip was for the best, to really plan on it. There is a lot of optimism out here for people with close to having almost no money. I am aghast sometimes at the sheer disparity in dispositions from regular working folk and really corrupt sheisters, to successful beacons of the work ethic that is present at Citibank. I know I am one of the latter, but if I lost my job, I know that everyone around me will have bought into the mindset that I am not productive and that is something that I just grips me with disbelief when I think about it.
I wonder about my skills sometimes though and I know a lot about drinking coffee and a lot about Excel and about credit scores and the new Credit reports that Citibank is using to approve credit and lend money to people that may not deserve to have use of money which may be in direct violation of the Patriot Act but who knows, maybe out of the goodness of their heart they are giving money to Spanish speakers who are located mainly in Texas and OR and AZ and CA and just risking it using limited knowledge. I have been with them perhaps too long, 17 years now, and my usefulness has greatly waned of late. Is there anything more boring than an aging mascot? One thing I do know is that people will read again!
The Home Depot Credit Services is making a lot of money though, I do know that. I wonder how it is that people in safe positions with nothing to lose can possibly risk it all for just a little bit of fun. I know I am not like that. Well, time to say goodbye. I still have plenty to talk about though. I constantly wonder about my mouth.