Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

There is crazy or was

BLM:75 WHM:66 SMN:43 THF:75 WAR:61 RNG:43

So as it happens I am able to solo these Ocho at level 43 without too much trouble and as it turns out it is better to practice with SMN every so often just to wing out the details of just how great the job can be. The part I don't like is the hike all the way back to Jeuno cuz unlike BLM and WHM when I did those, I actually gotta haul butt all the way back on foot avoiding aggro the whole way.

It's neat though cuz using SMN is far more metally-intensive than say WAR cuz you gotta plan your moves more: it matters what tank you have, it matters what day it is, it matters what the mob is weak to and what it's special moves are. As other jobs you just focus on your job and that's all, but as SMN you can and should organize the party to doin things your way for the good of the group. Most of what you do as SMN/WHM is pull out buffs anyways and heal so it's not like you gotta MB or anything.

I actually have to decide if I am gonna break down and buy all the elemental staves for SMN. I realize that they are important for the job and it wouldn't hurt to hit with something more than Ice spells every once in a while as BLM. But I am still trying to get WHM to 75 and working on upping my Elemental skill merits for my BLM so that will have to wait perhaps a very long time before I decide on that.

We had a good time last night doing Dynamis-Xarcabard but this was by far the worst session ever drops-wise. We got 2 Armlets to drop and I think that ws all we got for the entire run. We also wiped once due to some messup with like 6 eyes that didn't go down after a timed BLM volley that was just short of wiping out the group. The one or two eyes that were left made short work of us and proceeded to demolish a lot of the melees. I'm not sure what went wrong there but I saw in the log that one of the eyes hit me for damage and hit another person for damage early before the spells went off. But I didn't move from my spot I had all along so I dunno, maybe I did.

Tonight is another chance to play darts with the guys. I wonder if we are all gonna play nice this time. I hope so.

I need to go hang out with my Pool playing buddies though. It's been a long while since I have been out there and I have to say that my abilities in pool are probablly like at a B+ skill level now. It's hard to keep such a thing sharp when what you do skill-wise on the computer is make food. I really feel guilty sometimes playing FFXI. It's so mind-numbing. Playing Virtual Pool IS actually good for your real life game; playing Halo DOES actually begin to give you eyes in the back of your head; playing car racing games WILL make you drive better at higher speeds; but playing FFXI is likely to teach you how sucky your graphics card is and maybe help you understand that ICE > Aero > Paralyze > Stun > Viper Bite > Fire Elementals. What does that mean, and more importantly will this conversation impress girls at the bar? um, no.

Mark my words if you even say the word internet in the same sentence with monsters, 3 people are gonna look at you like you are still in high school or on drugs or something. Of course they will do that if you mention Hausenphepha so SO much for other people and what they know.

Don't let them tell you you''re crazy.