Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

It's not hard

BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

I used to live near Monroe, Louisiana. It was a straight shot north from Alexandria and I spent 3 years near there at a Baptist College.

So let's talk bout them ducks, from Duck Dynasty.  I never liked their show.  I tried to watch it once but it was too boring.  Ironically, they have about as disparaging a view of gay people as I have of them directly. They are a people living out in the wild, roughin' it, both in their appearance and in their clothes.  Still, I remember the weather up there and unlike New Orleans it was always on the cold and windy side, so having plenty of layers of clothes was a good idea. The plenty of trees there gave the college town it's name, Pineville.

One thing I DO like about them is their religion. It reminded me of the culture of the entire area.  It was the site of the Southern Baptist Convention.  It's exactly what you would expect from EVERY SINGLE person at the college. Even the ones that went out to the bar, had to check into chapel every Wednesday like the rest of the college. 


 And to say that shying away from a vagina for the sake of an anus is stupid, does an incredible disservice to the difficulty of getting that vagina.

Sex is hard.

Now I'm not gonna "boo hoo" all about my missed opportunities at college, because there were many.  I recommend everyone send your kids to a college campus and tell them to get married there if they know what's good for them. I have never since experienced the SLUMP of available women that I did right after leaving college.  


Now I am not going to tell you that people that shy away from gays are evil. Fact is, gay people are out of the ordinary and in true form should be treated with surprise and then acceptance, much like the Duck Dynasty would have done if they ran across one in real life, much like Alec Baldwin would have done if HE was involved in a normal conversation with one, much like any clop with trot with a job wudda dun. 

Much like I would do if I ever came across the Duck Dynasty in person.  I would treat them with surprise, and then, acceptance. 

It's not hard.