Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Anathema

BLM:90 WHM:90 SMN:90 THF:90 WAR:90 DRK:90 RNG:90 PLD:90

Anyways, I was gonna take a larger break but nah, I need to get out of the habit of making people feel the "void".  I told people on twitter I was gonna take a break for a month but the truth is I just need a day off now and again.

So the other day a guy is talking about how raising the minimum wage is not good for the poor and then he mentions that Jesus chose to show us that if feed a man a fish you feed him for a day, if you teach him to fish you feed him for a lifetime.

Ok, so I'm gonna explain that little parable but first let me just say that a politician is the furthest thing from a man of peace. Even in kids movies you see people captured, like in Red Dawn, and the kids of the politician are the first ones to negotiate for the poor by agreeing to keep them poor. A politician is not a man of peace, he is an instrument of war. A vote is the slightest use of force that a man can use and yet it should be used by everyone.

Ok, slightly off track. I want to explain to you what Jesus meant, imo. Now first of all the Bible is there so that everyone can read it and understand the stories just as they are, not how people interpret them, so it's important to first gain YOUR interpretation, and then to allow others to MOLD your river of understanding.

When Jesus talks of making fishermen of men he is speaking of man as a child. A child is a man without wisdom. One of the first things a man learns is to care for himself, to clean himself, to clean his things, and to gather or find sustenance. A man can get stuck doing this his whole life if there is plenty of food and space but sometimes, often times, he runs out of food and space. Other men, run him out of space perhaps sooner than he would like, and it's then that a man becomes dangerous.

So what would Jesus do?

His message is not to turn the other cheek and sit down and take it. His message, in my opinion(imo), is that you have to learn from the other men. You have to work WITH the other men. If YOU know how to fish, for example(eg) or you know where the gold is, or you know where the buffalo roam, or you have an idea for cleaner gas, you should teach others to help you exploit the source of sustenance.

His message was NOT to promote competition as the politician suggested. I believe it would be an anathema to him. He would not want to remove food stamps and cut the minimum wage in an effort to promote competition.

That's not Jesus talking at all.

You have to convert souls to Jesus and by that I mean you have to make people willing to work with each other. Make them men of peace. When I say men, you should assume I mean men and women of course. Women are just a type of men and some men are less than men so ... there you go.

Obviously, instruments of war(politicians), won't have that and the beauty of Christ is that he did not come to make you an opponent of war, he came to give you the option. In all things, you can choose NOT to choose. Ok if I tell you too much you're gonna make me into a nutjob so that's all for now.

The lesson is that to teach a man to fish means sharing with him your lessons in life so that you BOTH may "go forth and multiply" your wisdom.

Btw, I don't think Jesus believed in marriage. 


Just saying.

PS. I told you you would think I was a nutjob :. you must choose what to believe or don't choose :)