Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Flix tix


BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

Today I am finally going to watch the third Hobbit movie.  It's been a while coming yet sadly it will have to be on my 13" monitor with my mega-YAMAHA CONCERT 5+1 speaker surround, lol, it's quite ridiculous.  Still, I got me some hot fries raring to go for it.  

 I recently watched another movie, Compliance, and it was sort of not what I expected.  It turned out to be about a fast food worker that was basically corralled into a sexual favor and assault by her manager and a guy on the phone that pretended to be a cop that was probably in kahootz with her.  The movie doesn't lead on that this is true but it DOES say that the whole story is real life which makes it doubly disturbing.  The guy that called used calling cards to make the calls presumably making the call difficult to trace yet in the end they finally catch up to him.  

Another movie I watched was P2 which was ok but meh, I was expected booby shots.  It was still pretty good though but the villain, a security guard gone rogue, was rather shallow and not very complicated.  It doesn't say what made him snap though I guess the whole Christmas line was a part of it. 

Yet another movie was Apartment Troubles.  It was very in-depth.  I only really enjoyed it a bunch after watching it the second time.  At first I thought the two girls were lifelong friends and boo hoo they run out of money and one of them has a rich daddy.  But the second time I caught on that the rich girl was actually a call girl and that her time with the other girl was a totally parasitic relationship and even though the whole time the artistic rich friend whose parents have money who is carrying the frumpy looking BFF who is a struggling actress as sort of a crutch, you completely see the reality of the whole relationship at the end of the movie when they come back to the apartment and the rich girls' haul of artistic stuff is taken away and she is left with nothing.  Then I watch her eye the landlord that looked at first like he was taking advantage of her and sold her stuff and then you realize that he is her pimp and she didn't mind that he sold her priceless gallery of art because it WAS in fact junk.  

Then you watch it a second time and realize that the roommate WAS vile enough to kill the cat and then flew her friend to LA to stay with this woman that was trying to molest the nice one and then it all clicks into place that this one girl was literally SURROUNDED by people on a totally different level than her.  It really MUST be watched twice to get anything out of it.  It was pretty cool, plus the actress, kind of reminds you of Rachel Maddow, or better yet like a babe in the woods, lol.  No offense intended of course.  

Well, we'll keep it short today I guess.  I got Mass Effect 3 but I'm back into playing Destiny again and I haven't even cracked the character really.  I might go ahead and buy the expansion(for Destiny) but I wonder if it's going to be worth it.  I can't really afford $30 for it.  

Diablo 3 has a new twist since I went back and played that for a while once Destiny updated its servers once.  It plays great and funny thing is it's just like Torchlight.  You can just keep putting stuff in the Universal Chest and switch out characters ad nauseum which makes for great replayability.  

You know what else is sickening is that I have Dead Space 2 sitting there waiting and I even bought the book for it and the plastic is still on it.  That's a shame.  I sometimes want to pick up Dead Space 1 over again but I lent it to my brother.  There's something weird about all video games in that they ALL suck when the second one comes out.  Examples include Halo, Dragon Age, Dead Space, Bioshock, I mean don't get me wrong all those games were a sure thing as far as whether or not to buy them and like them, but they are never BETTER than the original.  I guess they speed up production or something and sacrifice a lot of refinement and player testing to roll out the product that everyone is anticipating... sooner.  

I love that you can download games and keep them on your hard drive.  I used to SAY that Sony should come out with an 3 or 6 disc changer for their Playstation but does anyone listen?  Noooooo.  The harddrive is ideal anyways but you might still want to have the disk since a lot of corruption is out there and sooner or later people are going to want to play their games disconnected from the internet.  

Even now I have this guy named TheRealMaihes sitting there having sent me a friend request.  I declined it and now the system can't remove his name.  I try to delete his message and nope it won't work.  It's been a week now and I am wondering how long I have to see his name in my messages list.  See?  First virus on XBOX.  For all I know, he might have control of my system, changing probabilities on my item drops, blurring the cursor lock on my FPS, or maybe he just likes tracking what videos or actresses I look up on my xbox video.  

That's the downside of having games on the cloud is that you would have to connect to do that and you might be tired of the slow pace loading is taking, especially when someone else might be on your system.  What's more is that I have noticed several times that my controller does some wacked out thing that has never happened before.  More reason to want to PULL out the internet cable and play your games in peace until you want some competition.  

It seems that often when I least expect it, someone calls on the phone or blurs my screen or interrupts the satellite somehow and it's really starting to rattle my brain.   Recently I went to buy a giftcard so that I could extend my 3 month membership with xbox online and the guy that sold me the card was carrying on talking with me getting me to like him while talking about stuff and then he gave me a look like a devil incarnate and cleared his throat much like Seymour Hoffman did in Along came Polly.  It's bad enough I have to feel like a pariah without little kids taking my happiness away at inopportune times.  THREE DAYS went by before I resolved to make a complaint and I believe it's things like that that make me write out blogs like the recent ones where I am unleashing my innermost thoughts in moments of disgust.  But it's also important to note them, so that for posterity, people can see how this sort of thing can happen to someone while having everyone else remain completely oblivious to it.  

Venting is important.  I am completely at ease now that I called his manager back and made a complaint.  I am learning more and more that it doesn't matter so much if he ever gets disciplined for his hateful behavior but it IS important that I take action of some sort to just maintain my peace of mind.  

Daniel-san, is very important to breathe...